Wednesday, January 9, 2013

Dead in the Water

I once read somewhere that you're not supposed to mention your blog on your blog... or something.  It seems like it was C.Jane that said it, but I can't be sure.  That sentiment is always in the back of my head when I post stuff like, "Hi.  I forgot I had a blog." or "Remember me?  I'm Clancy's Blog!" or, "My blog floats like a dead fish in a cold, cold lake in the Black Hills of South Dakota."   Maybe I shouldn't be saying such things?  Bad blogging ettiquette?  Que sera sera.  (On a sidenote, I hear Doris Day's voice every time I hear that phrase.  Only just now did I realize she was speaking Spanish.  Or was she?  Here's what Wikipedia has to say on the matter:

"The popularity of the song has led to curiosity about the origins of the saying and the identity of its language. The answer is not simple. It is a centuries-old saying used mainly by English-speaking people. In linguistic terms, "Que será, será" – in the form in which Livingston and Evans adopted it – is a hybrid expression made by superimposing Spanish words on English syntax (somewhat in the way that "Long time no see" consists of English words superimposed on Chinese syntax)." 

Hmm.  Thanks, Wikipedia!  And thanks for bearing with my through my commuters'-nightmare-train-of-thoughts.)

So, it's late... shocking?  Not really.  What IS shocking is how I'm finding out that in my mid-thirties, it actually IS harder to stay up late and harder to function the next day when I do.  1 a.m. is the new 2 a.m. in my world. Anyway... it's late.  So, I will just tell you the #1 reason I'm writing right now. 

The great Lynsey has challenged me to a blogging duel.  I don't know what this means exactly, but I accepted the challenge because I want to write.  I don't know how to make myself any other way at this point, so here I am.  One of a pair of combatants in a BLOGGING DUEL!

So... ON GUARD, Lynsey!!  

8 comments:

lynsey said...

ON GUARD I SAY!! congrats on your first post! mine is.....coming. i worked on it last night until my eyes blurred and then didn't finish it due to lack of picture upload ability. now i am kicking myself because why didn't i do a post like this? why complicate things and go all out with this ginormous post??

because that's me. non-competitive, too-complicated.

but the challenge is on my dear. THE DUEL HAS BEGUN! {capsies a must, as you know} :)

Rachel Chick said...

You did it!!! HOORAY! You are amazeballs. :)

Genene said...

Hurray!! I congratulate you on surrounding yourself with high caliber folks who bring out the best in you.... a blogging duel... FABULOUS! Gets you writing and that's what counts & I get to read more of your writing. Love it ♥


Mom ♥

Lauren said...

I feel like there should be references to high noon if you're in a duel.
I also thought of this poem called .The Duel, by Eugene Field, because that is how my mind works: the gingham dog and the calico cat have at it! My Dad used to read it as a bedtime story for my sister.
Looking forward to witnessing this epic event!

Lauren said...

*for my sister and me.

ClancyPants said...

Love it, Larrie! That poem is awesome. I think I should read it to my children. Then maybe they'll turn out as awesome as you!

Travis Cody said...

Wear protective gear so nobody gets hurt during this duel.

ClancyPants said...

That's right... Safety first, Travis!