Friday, September 28, 2012

Metaphorical Miscarriage

I've said before that the shower is my thinking place.  It's also the place that I always came up with the best blog post ideas.  Then all that went away.

More and more in the last few weeks/months, I, once again, have blog post ideas come into my head in the shower.  It's like the moment of conception for a new baby. There's a life to my thoughts that's outside of me.  It grows and develops in my head for the duration of my shower and, as I get out, I always want to run to the computer and start writing.

BUT.  

If I don't wash my face and blow-dry my hair as soon as I get out of the shower, my hair dries funny and I sometimes forget to wash my face.  So, I always do that first.  

And my baby miscarries.  Every. Time.  





This was not the intended post for today.  

But it's something.  

4 comments:

Mags said...

I am SO thankful that it is just a blog post that's lost. I almost started crying when I saw this title in my reader!!!

I wash my face in the shower because I forget to wash it too. I actually know some people who brush their teeth in the shower too! I can't go that far, but I can see the appeal.

I think with your current haircut, funny/funky drying would look good, no?

ClancyPants said...

I'm so sorry, Mags. I didn't even think about the title! It was all metaphorical in my head. I think I'll change it. :)

Funky drying works ok. And I wash my face with oil (weird, but true) and so I have to do it out of the shower.

Kristin said...

Heartbreaking!

Travis Cody said...

Ideas can be fleeting and transitory unless we decide to give them some of our attention.

Perhaps it's time for pen and paper in the bathroom so you can jot down a phrase or a word to remind you of the idea you just had. Then you can move on with your routine and come back to the post topic or not as you choose.