Monday, July 9, 2012

Lately...

... I have been duplexing my little brains out.  I...

  • ... patched some drywall that was water damaged.  I did a decent job on a smooth ceiling (no texture).  Good enough that my 30-years-of-experience-drywall-finishing-father couldn't even see where the patch was until I showed him.  I felt puffed up with the thrill of doing something all by myself.  
  • ... laid a tile entry all by myself and grouted it almost all by myself.  (Mom came and helped a bit/watched/cheered me on)  But then, when the carpet dude came and kicked in the carpet, all the grout joints busted up and some of the tiles popped loose.  I will admit that I bawled my brains out.  I felt like a failure.  It wasn't really my fault, but I felt like a failure, nonetheless.  So, now I get to redo it with a minor modification that was overlooked the first time.  BOO.  
  • ... painted over 2400 square feet of walls, baseboard, window casings and returns, and doors.  
  • ... laid a linoleum stick-on-tile floor (until 4:30 a.m. one night.  I have a problem...)
  • ... listened to four MP3 books during all this.

... I have also been keeping up on a summer chore-chart with my kids.  It's been great.  They've been [mostly] very willing and they've done a good job.  

... I have been reading a lot.  

... I have been dreaming of blogging again, so I wrote this post, but now I feel all done-ish and like I want to get up and do something else.  

The end.

6 comments:

Rachel Chick said...

I love you. And I miss you. I wish I could have been there to stick on tile with you. :)

Genene said...

GREAT job chica! You're the BOMB!! I'm very proud of you on so many levels!

Love
Mom ♥♥♥

Mags said...

You ARE the bomb.com!!! Or, the bomb-digity. Whichever you decide you like better.

Travis Cody said...

Good enough. I have never patched a ceiling or put down tile floors. I do, however, read a lot. So there's that.

Cheers!

Kristin said...

Wow! You go girl! You've been busy... and the chore chart, awesome! I usually plan to plan stuff for summer and that's as far as I get. It's a good thing Noah has to do jobs every day already. :)

Lauren said...

What MP3 books? Inquiring minds are DYING to know.