- ... patched some drywall that was water damaged. I did a decent job on a smooth ceiling (no texture). Good enough that my 30-years-of-experience-drywall-finishing-father couldn't even see where the patch was until I showed him. I felt puffed up with the thrill of doing something all by myself.
- ... laid a tile entry all by myself and grouted it almost all by myself. (Mom came and helped a bit/watched/cheered me on) But then, when the carpet dude came and kicked in the carpet, all the grout joints busted up and some of the tiles popped loose. I will admit that I bawled my brains out. I felt like a failure. It wasn't really my fault, but I felt like a failure, nonetheless. So, now I get to redo it with a minor modification that was overlooked the first time. BOO.
- ... painted over 2400 square feet of walls, baseboard, window casings and returns, and doors.
- ... laid a linoleum stick-on-tile floor (until 4:30 a.m. one night. I have a problem...)
- ... listened to four MP3 books during all this.
... I have also been keeping up on a summer chore-chart with my kids. It's been great. They've been [mostly] very willing and they've done a good job.
... I have been reading a lot.
... I have been dreaming of blogging again, so I wrote this post, but now I feel all done-ish and like I want to get up and do something else.