Wednesday, August 17, 2011

Hmmm.....

You know what phrase is strange?  "One tough cookie".

Why a cookie?  When cookies get overdone I wouldn't describe them as tough.  I can't think of any situation involving cookies in which I would incorporate the word "tough".  I would be thinking more along the lines of crispy, or blackened, or crunchy. 

"He's one crunchy cookie."

That just doesn't have the same ring to it, does it?

It would make more sense to say, "He's one tough steak," or something like that. Don't you think?

"He's one tough piece of leather."

"She's one tough Kevlar suit."

Just a passing thought as I was clearing the dinner dishes tonight...


3 comments:

Kristin said...

You make me laugh... and smile. Thanks!

Genene said...

You're one SWEET cookie!!!

larrieelkins said...

I can't lie... I have yet to meet somebody who's bullet proof so I'd have to say that you just can't call people Kevlar suits. I am currently not facebook friends with superman so that isn't an option for me.
As far as one tough cookie, this is what I imagine:
I can't add the img tag so you'll have to click on the link to see my cool cartoon I drew of a tough cookie. I drew it at work so I was paid to draw it. Nice!