Monday, March 28, 2011

Day 6 of 30

Something you bought recently...

It seems like all I spend money on lately is my rentals.  Last week I bought a gallon of paint, a gallon of polyurethane for refinishing hardwood floors ($50 for ONE gallon!!), a floor-finish applicator, blinds for windows, a shower curtain rod, and I rented a floor sander.  I also purchased the service of a roto-rooterish company (FOUR times in as many months), a sewer line camera, an excavating company, and a furnace repairman.  Not to mention paying for heat and power in a vacant house for two months...

Just so you know, these are my least favorite things to spend money on. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

In other news, I just sent all my children to bed for being Bratty McBrattykins. (Brynja was the exception)   Right now I'm listening to a chorus of screams.  If someone is walking by outside they might be worried about what is going on in this house.  Ella is screaming like I severed her arm, and Mac is mock-wailing to make fun of Ella.  (Don't worry, no arms have actually been severed.)  They are in their rooms.  Ella can hear him and so she screams louder and then he screams louder too, to make her mad.  She screams back at him to be quiet and he continues screaming.  I told her, just now, the magic secret.  STOP SCREAMING.  If you stop screaming then he'll stop making fun of your screaming.  She hasn't seen the sense of my motherly wisdom yet. 

Mac just discovered that Rohan is no longer in time-out.  He ceased his mock-wailing and started yelling the question, "Why is Rohan out of time out?"  Rohan, who sat quietly on the couch (his time-out spot, as he shares a room with Ella and I didn't want to deal with that time-out disaster) during his punishment, was thanked for taking his sentence with good grace, and was promptlly freed from his cushiony prison.  Mac didn't think this was fair.  I told him he was still trapped because he was making fun of Ella's screaming and he then tried to tell me that he wasn't making fun of her.  Sure, kiddo.  Nice try. 

It's shaping up to be one of those evenings I wish I could hold an auction for a couple of kids.

Any opening bids?

5 comments:

Emily said...

Ha ha...so glad it isn't my turn. But it was, just a bit ago. And I am sure it will be again soon. Get some good jokes to prank them on April fools day. That will teach them.

Maria Hart said...

I'll take them. Please. ;)

Emily said...

There must be something in the air because I have offered my Isabelle to a few people more than once in the last few weeks. :)

triplej said...

I feel your pain sista, I feel your pain most nights! I love that Mac was eggin' it on like any normal pre-teen then tried to deny it! We had an accomplished Monday night to my dismay. Completed all homework in a timely manner, had FHE, got all dishes done, clean out (and I mean spring cleaned) coat closet and one kitchen cupboard and sang primary songs the ENTIRE night. Went to bed by 9:30 p.m. Feelin' like I will keep my alotted kids today, but contact me tomorrow I may be up for a trade!! LOL!! Love ya!

Ginny said...

ugh...the whole shared-room time-out issue struck a cord with me. still haven't figured out the best way to handle that one with Ryan and Tyson.