Monday, March 21, 2011

Day 5 of 30

Did a week really just go by?  I'm so busy I could scream.  Or cry.  But right now I'm waiting for the washer to stop so I can swap the contents to the dryer because I want a particular shirt tomorrow... and so, rather than scream or cry or get anything done of my many things-to-do, I blog.

Day 5 is Top Ten Pet Peeves

I've not been looking forward to this one.  I think it's because I dislike lists.  Here goes, in no particular order of relevance.

#10: Lists

#9: Whiny tenants.

#8: The new traffic pattern on a street right by my house that I HAVE to drive on ALL the time.  It used to be two lanes and now it is one lane and people suddenly feel the need to drive 20 mph instead of the posted 35 mph (or 40 like they used to do before the change).  I have never acted on the road rage that I feel, but I vividly imagine ramming the back of the vehicles in front of me when I drop from 35-40 to 20.  I get so mad.

 #7: My children being tattle-tales just for the sake of telling me or getting their sibling in trouble.

#6:  Poor spelling and incorrect grammar.

#5: Being asked my telephone number/account number AFTER I already entered it using the keypad on my phone. Why do they ask for it twice? What was the point of entering it in the first place?   (stole this one from Esther but it sure doesn't make it any less true for being stolen)

#4: Trying to talk to those automated phone things and if you don't say things just right or if there's any noise in your house, they say, "I'm sorry, I didn't catch that.  It sounds like you said..  'Blah Blah Blah', is that correct."  NO YOU IDIOTIC PHONE THINGY!!  I HATE YOU!  JUST GIVE ME A REAL PERSON!!!  (I may or may not actually scream at those things in real life...)

#3: Mispronunciations of words like nuclear, escape, especially, salsa, and MY NAME. 

#2: When my adorable husband or children don't rinse their milk out of various dishes before letting them sit in the sink for a while.  Just put a touch of water in that bowl or cup, please, my loves?  It makes the washing so much easier.  (I try to maintain sweetness with this one... it does bug me but it's one of those things that I let go of pretty easily because I love them)
#1: People who call about a house or apartment I have for rent, ask me a million questions and take a good five minutes of my time and then, as an afterthought, ask if I allow cats or accept Idaho Housing (subsidised housing program).  NO, I DON'T!!  I sure wish you would have asked that at the first.  Thanks for wasting BOTH of our time.


End of negative ranting.

6 comments:

Chatty Natty said...

Don't hold my grammar against me! I always vow that I will pull out my old grammar books and brush up on all the rules but for now I just fake it and probably annoy people like you:) What about mispronunciations like creek/crick and Tuesday/Tuesdee - that's what happens when you marry someone from Swan Valley!

triplej said...

I love these posts...keep it up. Maybe I will steal it from you, just to get some blogging done!

Ginny said...

i would love to know if i am guilty of any of the infractions related to #3. maybe you should post a video with you correctly pronouncing referenced words (since you love uploading media so much).

Travis Cody said...

I'm with you on #3 and #6.

Genene said...

I just wrote you a mini epistle & it disappeared when I tried to post it..... MEH!!!!!

Emily said...

Another word that people mispronounce a lot is supposedly (suposably) and granted (granite) and ignorant (ignert). I could go on and on...