Wednesday, September 15, 2010

Over It?

I thought I was over my comment infatuation.  I thought I was ok.  Only 1 comment on my blog post?  I'm fine.  Life is ok.  My self-worth has ZERO to do with my comment boxes on my blog posts.  I keep telling myself these things. 

I have no one to blame but myself.  The grit in my teeth after my hard face-plant off the blogging wagon would be my first clue.  But I find myself looking at the 0 comments and feeling crestfallen.

Maybe there's still a part of me that isn't over it.

And really, that just makes me laugh at myself.  Big-belly-laugh kind of laughs.  HHHHAAAAAAAAAHAHAHAHA!!!

Let's not take us too seriously, Clancy.  Mmmmkay? 

Good idea.  Let's just love blogging and blog for our mental health and our posterity.  Sound good?

Sounds perfect.

(Mental health might be questionable as Clancy and I carry on a conversation, but we never said what state our mental health had to be in...) 

Happy, haPPy, hAppY WedNEsDay!

*Post Edit: This is not a request for sympathy comments, much as it may sound like it is.  It was really just a laugh-at-my-own-ridiculousness kind of post.  Come on, really.  Who wraps their self worth around blog comments...  HAHAHA!!!  (ha) Anyway, this post now has enough comments the self-worth meter is sated.  If you are moved to tears and simply must leave a sympathy comment, please search my blog and find some post that has 0 comments and leave a comment on that post.  :o) 

(You know what's hard to convey sometimes on a blog?  Sarcasm.)

8 comments:

larriecampbell said...

You want pity comments then right? I expect some sort of a pity comment back then, on the ol' blog o' Larrie, missy.
I'm sorry that I'm like a ghost reader these days. Work blocks your actual blog so I can only get to it from a reader, sigh.
If mental health is questionable, perhaps you need a therapy thursday? Sometimes, I miss those days. I am so "normal."
Okay, that's the end of my rambling comment.
Happy wednesday clancy pants!!!

stevie kay said...

At this point I don't know whether to comment and tell you that I'm sorry, I read your blog and many others and rarely comment - I'm just not cool like that.

Or if this comes across as a pity comment.

I guess take it whichever way is more offensive and you can beat me up in an abandoned alley later.

Rachel Chick said...

You're awesome. I find lately I don't have much to say --- as I'm either reading blogs late at night and my mind has already gone to bed for the day or I'm in a time crunch. LOL. I'm exactly the same way - as you -- see? brain. sleeping . . . anyway. I hate that when I haven't blogged regularly, I don't get comments very often. I try not to let it bother me either. But it still does, a littlebit okay I"m going to bed not and I'm not going to corrent any of my spelling mistakes. goodnight clangney. LOL

Clancypants said...

(This was definitely not a begging for comments post. :-) This was just an opportunity to laugh at myself.)

Please no sympathy comments. Only serious commenters allowed.

If you wish to leave a sympathy comment, please find a post that has 0 comments and leave one there. This comment box has reached satisfactory fullness for self-worth fulfillment. :o)

Kristin said...

LOL... I totally know what you're talking about. I had to get over it too. And hey! What's so wrong with wanting people to comment? I mean, they're reading, right!?! Yeah, some people that read my blog never comment... ever! I once considered going private just to block those readers. At some level I feel like you should let the author know you're reading, but the blogging world just isn't what it used to be. I guess our lives just got busier (kids and Facebook can do that). LOL! Cheers to more comments even if you're talking yourself into being able to handle going without! :)

Emily said...

LOL! Fun post. I get sad when I don't have any comments on my blog too. I've been out of the loop with blogging, but I hope to keep on top of everything from now on. :)

Connie said...

Since I have started using google reader to follow my favorite blogs I don't post comments any more. It's easier to just read the blogs on there and move along.

But I do know how fun it is to receive comments on blog posts. I need to be better about sharing them if I ever hope to receive any! Thanks for the reminder.

Chatty Natty said...

Oh I hear you on this one but you know that:) Just turn your comments off for about a year then turn them back on and you will forget about it....well, sometimes. I think we're all just lazy these days.