Sunday, September 5, 2010

Missing Manic Monday: Investment

Hi there.  Sorry I fell off my little bloggy wagon again.  We've just busy with the first week of school for Mac and finishing the rest of the basement.  Someday I might put pictures up of these remodels, but not tonight.  I'm just hoping to make it through the post without falling asleep. 

I'm really tired.

So, Random Word Generator has spoken and the word is "Investment". 

So many things come to mind with this word... duplex, basement finishing, banking, equity, 401K... blah, blah, blah. 

I could write about any of those... but I won't. 

I'll write about my most rewarding and challenging investments.  Each one took nine months to gestate and will take a lifetime to mature.  Each was a physical investment of my own body.  Each is an emotional investment as I navigate the rocky waters of motherhood.  But the prize... the joy and satisfaction when you watch it all unfold...

Best investments I've ever made.

5 comments:

Rachel Chick said...

Love. Look at those sweet little pictures of your happy baby!!! So sweet. All those kids you make are adorable! Thanks for sharing. And thanks for letting me stop by at such an inconvenient time the other day. Sorry about that. You should have just told me that your day was so busy. -- Even if you did make me lose my phone. :)

Genene said...

Love you ALL!!

Kristin said...

I was surprised to find my thoughts turn to my children when I saw the word investment too. They are definitely an investment on SO many levels... and definitely worth it!

Travis Cody said...

I like that perspective.

Ginny said...

ummm...can't even begin to tell you how much i love that last picture. whatever investment you made to get your hands on it, it was most definitely worth it!!! amazing!(i LOOOOOVE your hair!!)