Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Drafts

I was just in my "Manage Posts" area of my blog and saw a few draft posts that never got published.  I can't even remember why I wrote this draft or what the rest of the story was in my brain... too bad... but I thought it was fun to read.  Mac was sitting here while I read it and he read it too.  My ten year old son pursed his lips, raised his eyebrows and said, "Huh.  Pretty good, Mom.  I think you should write a book."

I'd love to, Mac.  But first, I've just got to get myself writing again.

Here is my never-published draft of something unknown.... I wrote it on June 10th, 2009.



Kate saw him on the train that day. Cold air rushed past her as the doors opened, carrying the din of the commuters as well as the scent of his cologne. Sam's cologne was, as usual, too strong and she felt an almost irresistible urge to reach out and touch him. 

He hadn't seen her. Kate's fingers twitched toward him and then fell still as her mind played out the outcome of taking action on her urge to feel that soft spot below his earlobe. Sighing and biting her lip, she attempted distraction by looking out the window at the streak of scenery that flew by the oblivious commuters.




Who's Kate?  I have no idea.  But I think I'd like to figure it out.

5 comments:

Kristin said...

I'd buy any book you wrote! I just breath it in... when you write... so fun, so pleasant! Thanks for sharing your snippit!

Maria Hart said...

Write... Clancy... write!

Ginny said...

did this have anything to do with your little writing challenge? where you relinquished control of your storyline to other people? was this your version of the story that others took elsewhere? i know it's a stretch but there is some vague recollection that took me there spontaneously. i'm probably way off. . .

Travis Cody said...

It's an intriguing beginning.

triplej said...

uh...I LOVE IT...now where's the rest?!!