Wednesday, June 2, 2010

Remodeling

I have a hole in my bathroom wall.  Dustin threw his dirty clothes down the hole tonight because he wanted to be funny.  Don't worry.  They landed right in front of my washer and dryer in the basement.  If you're thinking, "Hey a laundry chute!", just think again.  This hole is behind the tub and you can see all the "tub guts"... pipes and such... that are normally hidden by the wall.  This hole is right next to the toilet.  If you feel so inclined, you can look up from the basement and say hello to someone as they are doing their business.  It's a little weird when guests drop by.  But we already know I get a little nutty when guests drop by.  I am getting better about my nuttiness. 

But the hole in the wall doesn't help.

6 comments:

Polly said...

lol... remodeling seems ... fun ... yeah ... fun. LOL I always like that the *during* is forgotten more easily later because I love the AFTER enough.
What is the purpose of this particular hole?

Polly said...

My guess...new plumbing...new tub??? idk

Clancypants said...

The plumbing had to be redone for the tub upstairs (pex) because it was sticking out to low in the basement (and we've now redone ALL the plumbing in the whole house) and now we can put a ceiling on the basement! It's so exciting.

Travis Cody said...

We're in our 9th month of exterior construction now. It's just painting, but still...9 months!

Clancypants said...

Travis.... I win. It's been two or three YEARS. Sporadically working on it, but years of remodeling this stinkin' basement.

Emily said...

Remodeling is the worst. The absolute worst!