Saturday, June 26, 2010

Crafty

Don't laugh, please.  Anyone who knows me knows I am not crafty by nature.

Despite that fact, I've been surfing some little crafty waves in my life.  I would just love to add pictures to this post, but alas, my camera just stopped working the other day.  No reason.  I didn't drop it or anything.  It just randomly freaked out.  Stupid thing.

It's strange but I've been "seeing" the possibilities in things.  I was at a craft store getting some supplies for this project I did with my kids and I saw this shelf on sale....

nevermind.

That was extremely boring and I don't want to write about it anymore.

I just want to write something and I want it to be good.  That was not it.  Neither is this though.  None of this is good writing, but I'm writing something and I'll take it.

I was at Lowe's this evening and I asked one of the workers where something was.  She told me and then walked with me for part of the way.  She smelled so darned good.  I just kept sniffing the air around her.  She stopped and helped somebody else and I looked for my items.  When I finished getting what I needed, I walked past her again and stopped.

"Can I ask you a strange question?"  I inquired of the woman.

She looked dubious.  "Sure..." she said.  Her tone was anything but sure.

I tried to look reassuring.  "Do you wear perfume?" 

That was not the question she was expecting to hear.  A myriad of emotions flew across her features in the blink of an eye.  She laughed nervously. "Yes, I do!"

"What kind is it?" I responded before she asked me if I was a psycho.  "What's the name?"

"Skin Musk" she replied and laughed.

I figured I owed her some sort of explanation at this point.  I told her how she smelled so darned good and I just kept wondering what it was I was smelling.  She was shocked and told me that she was worried because she'd been sweating a lot and she was sure she was just plain stinky.  I reassured her that she didn't stink at all, and, in fact, smelled heavenly and asked her where I could purchase this lovely scent.

"Walgreens," she informed me.  "Just down the street."

Guess where I stopped on the way home?  And guess what only cost me $6.99?  I hope it smells as good on me as it does on her.  I'll keep you posted.  Or not.  We'll see.

All in all it was an interesting trip to Lowe's.  And, all in all, this turned into a strange post that has nothing to do with the title.

6 comments:

Travis Cody said...

I like a good random ramble.

Mags said...

TOTALLY something I would do. Especially to someone who smells yummy!

Mags said...

PS. The name of the perfume is hysterical.

Rachel Chick said...

You are so cool! I love this post and that it's weird. Weird things make me happy and you made me laugh this morning. You rock!

Emily said...

Oh, man, t hat is such a funny story. I love starting questions with "Can I ask you a strange question?" People get FREAKED out!

Enjoy your perfume!

larriecampbell said...

It's true, you're not crafty by nature, you're naughty by nature. Totally.
So...
You write your blog post titles at the start? I'd like a description of how you go about writing your blog posts:
First, I sit down at the computer. Then I find myself surfing internet deal sites like woot.com and dealofday.org because hey, who doesn't like a good deal?
Next, I convince myself that those for sale items don't meet any of my NEEDS and log into my blog.
I write my title based on whatever item is nearest my monitor at the time.
Sometimes I scrap that title because it's something like "Little Pony" or "Camera that doesn't work because it has PMS or something."
Once I finally decide on a title, I start writing a post based on that title. Sometimes my writing doesn't make much sense and that's when I realize that my fingers aren't on the "home row." I move them back on to asdf jkl; and begin again.
Inspiration flows.
Unless I had too much to drink and then I realize that I really need to take a bathroom break first.
After the bathroom break, I return to the computer, find the home row and write all of my hopes and dreams.
When I finish, I wonder who came up with the title.
Then I hit publish.
And all of my online buddies are happy.
Cheers!