Saturday, March 13, 2010

Contest

My due date has come and gone.  It was a happy day for me, if you recall from yesterday's post.  Today I'm feeling a little grumpy.  Ok, VERY grumpy.  I can't pin why... I think it had something to do with my dream this morning before I woke up, because I woke up grumpy.  I am short tempered with my kids and my husband and I've worked the morning away dipping pretzels while my ears were stuffed with my newly purchased earbuds (that don't hurt my ears!  I ♥ you, SkullCandy!) blaring Imogen Heap.  Every question presented to me by my children gets the same answer today... "Go ask your Dad" or "Talk to your Dad about that."  Nice.  I'm just escaping into my iPod.

As I was dipping and thinking of how I'm still pregnant and everything, I decided that I'd have a little contest.  I really don't like to enter this type of contest, but some people do.  So, if you're like me, just ignore and continue with your day.  If you're not... have fun with the following contest.

Contest has three factors.  Answer all three in a comment for your chance to win!

1- What day will this baby be born?
2- How much will it weigh?
3- Will it be a boy or a girl?

The person whose answers come closest to the actual stats will win some homemade treats from me.  Treats like chocolate/caramel covered pretzels, or maybe a caramel/chocolate apple, or perhaps a Caramel Pecan Bar, or some combination of all three.  It'll depend on how I feel.   
Gourmet Apples


Caramel Pecan Bars

Sorry... no picture [handy] of the pretzels...


Sound fun? 

Well, it makes me feel better, anyway.  In fact, it put a smile on my grumpy face.  Amazing!

So, I guess I'll close the contest Wednesday the 17th at midnight, MST.  You can only enter once.  If I have the baby before the contest closes, then the contest will close when I have the baby.  Make sense?

Start guessing!

20 comments:

Polly said...

Baby Girl Passey...born March 15 @ 4:23 a.m. (labor starts Sunday night just before midnight) she will weigh 6lb 12oz. You can name her Polly if you want. tee hee

(I really wanted to say the 16th, since that's Alex's birthday, but I'm just not feelin' it! :D )

Connie said...

My guess is...

You will have a baby boy on the 14th. He will weith 7 pounds 7 oz. Good luck!

Maria Hart said...

Baby girl, born with the new moon on March 15th. She'll be 8 lbs. 2 oz.

Jenn Oldham said...

I think you will have your baby on the 18th and SHE will weigh 7 lbs 15 oz and 20 inches long =)

Connie said...

Please excuse my poor spelling in my previous comment. The word weith should read weigh in my previous comment. I don't function well the day after working a graveyard shift. Can't wait to hear all the details from you. :)

stevie kay said...

1- What day will this baby be born?
March 16th
2- How much will it weigh?
I wish I knew how much your other babies weighed . . . um . . . 8lb 3oz
3- Will it be a boy or a girl?
Boy

stevie kay said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Mic and Jazzy said...

Baby boy, March 16th, 5:15 AM, 7 pounds 10 ounces.

Good luck Clancy!

Steve and Katie said...

It's a BOY and he will be born on March 19th before noon and will weigh in around 7 lbs 5 oz ....19 1/2 inches long. Good luck! It's going to be great :)

lynsey said...

i've never been much good at this but i'll give it a shot!

march 15th

8 lbs 5 oz

boy!

good luck m'lady, i'm rootin' for ya over here in AZ.

Holly said...

A girl for sure, born on the 17th, and she'll weigh 7 lbs 3 oz. Good luck. Can't wait to see pics!

Emily said...

I started reading the other comments but then they took my answers so NOW what? I think the lady with the moon ref was right - history does tend to repeat you know....SO I will have to say on the 16th, JUST after midnight...but you will totally be in the hospital on the 15th...And that little GIRL is going to weigh 8 lbs. It has to be a girl because I can't stand to watch cute little Ella go without a sis like I did. It still stinks. (or you will just have to have more kids!) So have a girl! Love you cutie...

Ginny said...

well, my gut kinda thinks you might have already had this baby...or are in the process as I type. but, in case my very unreliable gut is once again wrong. . .

i think it is a girl
i'm going with 7 lbs 15 ounces
and i'm still in conflict with my gut on this one, but i will pick march 21 @ 1:33 pm.

regardless of the details. . .

GOOD LUCK!!! :-)

Dan and Jen said...

I'm sorry that you missed your due date. I did that with both my kids. It kind of stinks. If you haven't already had that baby, here is my guess:

March 16, 8:42 pm
7 lb 5 oz
girl

Erin said...

March 17 Boy weighing 8lb 1 oz, Better name him Patrick for the day, haha

Kristin said...

Well, like Ginny I'm kinda' thinking my vote might be a bit delayed however:

March 16th... 3:15pm
8 lbs 5 oz
Girl

Good luck! I'm so excited for you!

Clancy Pants said...

This is my friend Beth's entry... she emailed it to me cuz she couldn't comment on my blog for some reason...

March 20
boy
8lb 5oz

:)

Dimick's said...

Hey lady,

March 19 (today, crossing fingers)
Girl
8lb 4oz

Rachel Chick said...

i would be just fine with you posting lilie's movie to your blog. :) and i didn't make it to the library yesterday . . . i didn't even make it out of my pajamas! :) i'll let you know if we make it today.

Ginny said...

CONGRATS!!!!