Sunday, March 28, 2010

Brynja Leigh and the Contest Winner

Hidee ho.  I had a baby!

Most of you already know that thanks to the wonders of Facebook, but I did post a little contest on my blog a while ago and some of you might be wondering who the winner of that contest is! 

This was a tough decision for me.  I sat in my bed in the hospital making a chart of all the guesses, and figuring out who got what right.  I was hoping that some soul would have guessed two of the three right, but sadly, no.  Anyone who got any correct only got one.  There were many guesses for girl, and INDEED, we got ourselves a girl!  The most angelic little girl I've met.  She's so sweet and mellow and I can't kiss her enough.

So, good job to all those who guessed girl, namely Polly, Maria, Jenn, Holly, Emily, Ginny, Jen, Kristin, and Marci!

Then we have the date... March 20th was it.  She was born on the first day of Spring, which really fits somehow.  Why didn't I think of that before?

We had one correct guess for the date and that was by my friend Beth.  Good job, Beth!  :) 

And then the weight... my biggest baby yet!  She weighed in at 8lbs 3oz.  I could tell the moment they set her on me that she was bigger than my other kids.  She just looked fuller in her skin.  Ella came later... 11 days overdue, but she only weighed 7.13, Mac was 7.6 and Rohan was 7.3. 

We also had just one correct guess on the weight and that was Miss Stevie Kay!  Good job, Stevie!

But, alas, there was no one, not ONE person who guessed more than one correct "stat".  I was in a quandry!  I didn't know what to do.  Dustin and I hashed over a few ideas and then I kind of forgot about the whole thing for a while. 

And then the winner came to me.  My exact words in the contest rules were: "The person whose answers come closest to the actual stats will win some homemade treats from me. "  And guess what?  Marci came the closest!  She had one correct guess, GIRL.  And then, her other picks were March 19, just one day off, and 8 lbs., 4 oz., just one ounce off!  So, she was the closest to the actual stats! 

Congratulations Marci!  You are the winner of some homemade treats!  I will get them to you some time in the next couple weeks.  :) 

Thanks to everyone for playing!  It made that last little bit of overdue-ness more bearable to have more than just me guessing at when the baby would ever come.

And for your viewing enjoyment...


Miss Brynja Leigh
born March 20, 2010 at 7:14pm, weighing 8 lbs., 3 oz., 20 1/2" long.
(and her head and chest were both 14 1/4")


 Mom and Brynja 
(by the way, her name is pronounce BRIN-ya... Scandinavian J...)

Dad and Brynja


I want to write more about the labor, etc., but I will have to do that another day.  My kids have been so sweet with their new little sister.  They can't get enough of her!  These pics are of her first day home from the hospital.  She was not quite 48 hours old. 




We are so blessed.

14 comments:

Mic and Jazzy said...

Clancy she is BEAUTIFUL! Makes me want another one (ok not quite yet) Your family looks so sweet all together. I hope you are feeling well.

Holly said...

She is so so cute!!

Travis said...

She's beautiful. Congratulations to you and to your family.

Corinne said...

She is so beautiful, congratulations!

Tresa Anderson said...

She is adorable!! Wow! I need to come by and see her sometime!

Dan and Jen said...

That is so exciting! Congratulations to you and the rest of your family. She is absolutely beautiful. Can't wait to hear the rest of the story!

Emily Clark said...

Congrats, Clancy. She is so cute. Can't wait to hear more details! :)

Maria Hart said...

Congratulations again! She really is beautiful. I am excited to get a picture of her and Isla together!

Dimick's said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Dimick's said...

Oh my word, I'm speechless. I thought my entry was too late, but I'll take it :0) Thanks!

Anywho, CONGRATS!!! She is a beautiful little girl. I love the expressions on all your faces, absolute delight. I hope you're able to get plenty of rest. It looks like you have plenty of eager help.

March 29, 2010 5:07 PM

Clancy Pants said...

Oh man! I didn't even remember that I put an "end of contest" time on there! Marci, my sleep-deprived brain was your friend in this here contest! :-P

I might have to send out two prizes... one to you and one to the next runner up which would be Ginny... she also guessed girl and also only one day off and just 4 oz. off!! What can I say... I'm a dork!

Ginny said...

I'll take the notoriety as prize enough! ;-) you focus on that baby and enjoy every minute. give her a kiss from me and we'll call it even! :-)

Blake said...

Oh, so is so sweet! Congratulations! Can't wait to meet her.

Polly said...

Congrats! She so sweet. Those extra few days helped her fill out beautifully. Excited to meet her.