Friday, February 5, 2010

Friday's Fabulous Five

It's been a while, but I'm trying to make a comeback!

Here's a bit of fabulousness for my Friday...

1- We got the report from our tax man today.  It was good.  Very good.  I ♥ refunds...

2- Something that's tickled my mind with worry for the last several years will not be a worry anymore after next Tuesday.  Although I'll still worry until probably Wednesday, I'm happy to have an end in sight.

3- My parents adopted a dog.  She's awesome... a year old Irish Wolfhound/Greyhound mix.  She's beautiful and sweet and big and wonderful and she lives at my parents' house, not mine.  Dustin and my kids all have been wanting a dog, but I flatly refused telling them we're having our own little "puppy" soon.  Now, they all have their dog-wish satiated without actually having a dog.  Thank you mom and dad...my family thanks you too.

4- Books.  I've been reading lots and lots of books.  Love them.  The Hunger Games and it's sequel, Catching Fire were fast, fun reads.  I read both of those twice and anxiously await the third book in August.  The Traveler, which I've read before but it's been a while, and it's sequel, The Dark River, which I'm reading right now (also read before).  These two are a set of a trilogy, you see, and the third one came out last fall and I wanted to refresh my memory before I read this last one.  So, I have the third one, The Golden City, waiting for me to read (that series is written by John Twelve Hawks, if anyone is interested).  I also read The Goose Girl by Shannon Hale.  Loved it!  Love her style.  I ♥ books.

5- Baby.  Baby is coming.  Baby is coming SOON!!  Part of me hesitates to put this on here because, while it is a completely fabulous thing, I'm a little bit anxious about it.  My due date looms just 5 1/2 weeks away.  That's freakin' crazy!  But, I'm excited to meet this little person who will rock our family's world for a few months while we settle in to getting to know each other.  And the birth of this baby will also mean the end of my being pregnant.  And let's just say that I'm getting to that point where labor is starting to sound better than pregnancy.  So, bring on the contractions, baby!  (in a few weeks.... not just yet as you need to bake a little longer!)

Happy Friday!

5 comments:

Rachel Chick said...

I know exactly how you feel! I was going to ask if you were getting ready to have this over with . . . as I think I am. But then, I don't know . . . but then, yes I am. I'm getting done. -- Not like some people get done, though. Where they sit and count the hours for months and complain to everything that moves. -- Just done. And still okay with being pregnant for a little longer too. Because, I'm not ready, man. There are things that need to get done. That I don't want to do . . . Yeah. So there you have it. Late night rambling from a tired and pregnant woman who does and doesn't want to go to bed. :) I'll have to check out all the books that you've suggested! I really want to go to the library and I've been dying to read, but I have a little issue with some fines right now and I don't know are going to fit in our "budget" this month. -- However, part of the reason that I need to get lots done in the next month, is because I really want to be able to put my feet up for a while after having this baby and just enjoy having a new baby. Also, I'd love to see your parents' new dog sometime! She sounds wonderful! You're parents had a dog like that before, didn't they?

Connie said...

Hooray for a Friday's Fabulous Five post! I love it!

Maria Hart said...

I miss reading fun books. You should read "Princess Academy" by Shannon Hale, very good also. I like her writing style. "The Hunger Games" is on my summer reading list. I also have a junior fiction book called "The Uglies" on my list, it is supposed to be very good. Congrats on the Volvo. We will need to go car shopping soon as well. For a family car. And, in the good news for a very pregnant Clancy - I have a very large duffle bag of all of my maternity clothes you are welcome to until you deliver, and then I need to send them to Alaska. BUT... you still can have a temporary "new" wardrobe for you last month of growth, when I come up next Friday! Yay!

triplej said...

Luv the Fab Friday posts! Thanks!

Emily Clark said...

Oh, man, I'm so jealous you have your taxes done. Our investment people got an extension so it'll be another few weeks until we know what our return is. I'm so bummed!

What's been tickling your mind that won't be a worry anymore???

I'm excited for you to have the baby! :)