Thursday, November 19, 2009

iTchY

Do you ever have one of those days where you're all agitated for no particular reason? Or there may be a reason, but you're not sure how that reason could make you agitated like you are?

Today is a day like that.

Today itches me. Today feels like my clothes feel lately... bunchy, tight and uncomfortable. Today I've ventured out to run a few errands. I talked to people. I saw some people I know. They asked me about my baby... "Are you having a boy or a girl? When are you due?"... those kinds of questions. I felt like I was standing outside myself and watching myself answer in a nice cheerful-bordering-on-sugary tone, "Oh... we didn't find out the sex of the baby. We are going to let it be a surprise." and "I'm due in March..." They then responded in equally near-sugar tones about how fun that will be. All of this occurred without incident, but in my mind all I wanted to do was scratch at the discomforts of my day... walk away from those questions and those people... tell them they were irritants and to not ask those "conversational" questions that they didn't seem genuinely interested in, just asked them because my baby bump was the most obvious thing to talk about. Clearly, I had no tolerance for them today. Or, I did, as long as I could exit my body while I answered them.

I can't name why, but I am looking forward to this day being over so I can get out of my irritating clothes, put my PJs on and go to sleep.

And hopefully wake to a non-itchy state of mind.

5 comments:

Kristin said...

Good luck! I love the way you described it... very relate-able.

Rachel Chick said...

Ugg. I don't know if those kind of feelings are just a pregnancy related thing, or just a day kind of thing, but I often feel the same way. Often. I think that I am turning into an emotional recluse. I kind of want to feel disconnected from people. I have a strange aversion to answering my phone, IMs, emails, and door. It's weird. But then, maybe I'm always like that. Maybe. However. I HAVE been wanting to talk to you. :) I've been going to stop in and then get so irritated while running errands that I end up just going straight home because I'm agitated. ---- Oh crap. Speaking of wanting to not wanting to connect with people, I just realized that my visiting teachers are coming over. I'd better go get myself out of this funk. ---- Stop by sometime, will ya!? I can't seem to motivate myself to do anything! :)

Maria Hart said...

Yes... but sometimes instead of putting on "the good face" and covering the itch with calamine lotion... it feels SOOooo good just to give the itch a good scratch! I had that kind of day today... gave it all a good scratch with someone else who was having that kind of a day. And now I may be welted and a bit red, but I sure feel better.

Polly said...

Too bad that's a kind of itch you can't scratch. LOL here's to a better today!

The Wolfs said...

Sorry about your itchiness! I hope that your itchies go away and they were replaced by super fun times on Friday! It was a lot of fun to hang out with you i hope you had a blast!