Thursday, November 5, 2009

Hi There

'Tis I.

My whole household is feeling much better. I still stay in my PJs until 1, 2 or 3 o'clock, but that has been a home-school induced phenomenon, not a sickness induced one. Being sick just helped me feel better about the whole thing.

I have some cutie-patootie Halloween pics that I might someday add to this blog. But first, I'd need to remove them from my camera, which is proving to be easier said than done.

Guess what?

I'm going to be published on a website! I'm rather excited. Mormonwoman.org contacted me and asked if they could publish my "To Be A Woman" post. I was honored! I said yes. It should come out next week sometime... Tuesday, I think!

Cool beans. Thanks, Ginny, for telling them about my post.

Last night I made Yaki-Soba for dinner. (I guess that's spelled right? I don't really know...) It's a Japanese dish that my friend, Rebby, taught me how to make. It's incredibly yummy and I have some leftovers calling my name from the fridge right now....

Can you hear them?

Claaaancy...... Claaaaancy!!!! Come and eat us! Feed your baby some Japanese deliciousness for lunch!!!

You know what the best part about making dinner is? Clarification: when I actually MAKE dinner, do you know what's the best part? When there is leftovers and I can eat them for lunch.

6 comments:

Dimick's said...

Congrats on being published!!! I have to agree, it was a superb post. Anyone who reads it can't help but be deeply touched & motivated by your humble description of yourself as a wife, mother & friend. It was so well written-I know there will be many women who will applaud it and appreciate your thoughts and honesty. I’m so happy for you-How EXCITING!!!

Kaci said...

How exciting!!! Congrats!

corinne said...

Congrats Clancy...what an honor! I am also so happy your family is feeling better!

Ginny said...

hip hip hooray!! it is about freaking time!!! :-) can't wait to read it again...in fact, maybe i won't wait and will just go read it again right now!! can't wait to read the responses, either. masterful!!

(oh, and i laughed so hard as i heard the leftovers calling to you...love it!)

beth said...

That's great! Congratulations!

Maria Hart said...

How about some more publishing?! How about a draft?! Even a partial one?! And... our little family is thriving on leftovers right now. Love them.