Wednesday, August 5, 2009

Zippity Doo Dah

Good morning! I'm feeling much more cheerful today than I did yesterday. Perhaps that's because after we ate fast food (again) last night I went BACK over to the duplex and cleaned one of the very nastified bathrooms 'til it sparkled! I had been putting off the bathrooms and I dug in and did it last night! I cleaned one bathroom for three hours and it's DONE!!! I'm feeling a light at the end of the other-people's-dirt tunnel and it's made a more chipper girl out of me!

Many thanks to you all for your encouragement yesterday! And many, many, many thanks to Rachel for helping me clean in the kitchen last week and then bringing me cookies and visiting me yesterday! Rachel, my dear, you are such a bright spot in that dirty-but-getting-cleaner-by-the-hour apartment! THANK YOU for bringing sunshine, cookies and conversation! Love ya!!!

Soon I will get to have the arduous task of finding new renters! New, CLEAN renters!

Post-Edit...
I just noticed that there's only one sentence in this whole post that does not end in an exclamation point. Do you think I'm excited?

9 comments:

Maria Hart said...

Just because I am reading "Anne of Green Gables" to the girls: "Mrs. Rachel felt that she had received a severe mental jolt. She thought in exclamation points." Made me think of you!

Ginny said...

So glad you are feeling more optimistic! I love exclamation points!!!!! :-)

Emily Clark said...

Glad you're doing better!

Kristin said...

I'm happy for you... if I'm lucky (or rather, if my kids are lucky) some of your new shiny mood will be contagious. I'm not counting on it!

Mags said...

I'm always so baffled when you describe how your tenants left the duplex. Disgusting! Today I had to have my landlord come in to fix the fridge and I ran around like a chicken with my head cut of to clean the floors and put the dishes away.

I'm glad you're feeling a bit better.


!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Clancy Pants said...

Mags... no one is more baffled than I. I'm not sure why I keep picking these awful renters. But I'm determined that's going to change!!

Glad to hear you actually worry about keeping things clean!!! Don't you want to move to Idaho? I know a really cute place you could live. ;)

The Wolfs said...

I am glad you are back and happy to be alive there is no other way to be thanks for being so cute and just chatting last night it was a lot of fun!

Shanana said...

And not just one exclamation point, but often there are MANY!!!! Glad you're feeling enthusiastic! Nothing says "Yay!" like Lysol and Clorox!

Travis said...

Well I guess I'm too late to offer some encouragement, but I can give you a well deserved Atta Girl!