Monday, August 10, 2009

Today

Today... and tomorrow, I should say, will be rough.

Today we will go to a viewing. A good friend of ours was killed in a car accident last week. My thoughts have been with his family since Thursday when I heard the news. My tears have not stayed put whenever I think about his sweet sister (one of my dear friends), his dear mother and his young and precious wife and children.

Tomorrow we will attend his funeral.

Life is not fair sometimes. He was too young, too much life left to live. Healthy. Happy.

Questions are asked that have no answers. At least none that we can see right now. Sometimes these things make sense far into the future when we can look back with that 20/20 hindsight.

I pray for peace in the hearts of those he left behind. I pray for strength for them. For courage. For time to pass quickly and heal their wounds the way only time can.

I love you Jennie and Jared. Michelle, Andy, Hailey. Barb. Peace be with you.

We'll miss you, Phillip.

12 comments:

Brecca said...

I'm so sorry to hear this. My prayers are with all of you in pain.

Kristin said...

I have offered a prayer as well! Love you!

Maria Hart said...

My condolences to both you and Dustin. It is hard to see friends suffer, it is hard to make sense of a crappy hand. I hope you have overflowing and overwhelming emotions... that can be healing, too.

Ginny said...

Thank goodness for the gospel. I can't imagine surviving this kind of thing without it. Bless your friends. And you.

corinne said...

I am so sorry about your friend...my prayers are with you and his family!

Kaci said...

So sorry!! XOXO

Emily Clark said...

I'm thinking about you, Clancy.

triplej said...

Clancy/Dustin...it meant so much to have you there. Words cannot express the love and support we felt that day and the day's previous. No one should have to bury their brother and friend, but we understand death is important in this life and he would not have wanted it to be any of his sweet family...so thanks for being Phil's friends and most of all thanks for being our friends. Let's get together soon.
Jen

Travis said...

You have my deepest sympathies for the loss of your friend.

Dimick's said...

Clancy-
I'm so sorry for the loss of your friend. I hope this week will be easier for you.
Love ya

Emilee said...

I am so sorry....

Polly said...

Words can't express the questions and sadness in these situations. I'm so sorry for that life lost and his family that will have to make new plans and look at their lives in a whole different way.
Tears and prayers for them!