Tuesday, August 4, 2009

Lacking Cleverness

No clever post today. No well-thought-out stories. Just checking in to say hi. I've been very busy cleaning at my duplex since Wednesday. Not my favorite thing to do, but something that has to be done.

I've been farming my kids out to various friends and family. I've been completely exhausted each night when I come home. I should be over there right now, but instead I find myself sitting here, still in my pajamas, typing this lackluster post.

I am slightly discouraged, if you cannot tell. I used to be so angry at my ex-tenants, but now I'm more resigned and dutiful. Just do it, Clancy. Get off the computer, drag your kids over there and start scrubbing walls. Again.

See ya later, alligator.

8 comments:

Katie said...

I had to tell you that I finally read Outlander. I remembered you telling me how much you loved it and I got it at the library. I couldn't put it down! Now, I have to wait for the others from the library.

Kristin said...

I feel for you... good job keepin' on keepin' on!

Kaci said...

Good luck with all the cleaning...yuck!

lynsey said...

so glad you're back! and i've been a-readin' even if i haven't been commenting. why? because my comments are lacking cleverness. :)

sad, but true! just glad you're here again. best of luck with those walls. if i lived by you (and we knew each other in person) i'd join you. sounds sort of therapeutic to me for some reason!

Polly said...

scrubbing walls...angry at tenant...doesn't sound good. sorry.

i'm invoking my "dislike" facebook button on this post.

Ginny said...

ugh. i was hoping for more from them for you. sorry it didn't happen. i keep picturing dried buggers (sp?) on the walls. ugh. so sorry!

Emily Clark said...

Let me know if you need help cleaning your duplex. If it is within walking distance of my home, I can be there to clean with you.

Clancy Pants said...

Thanks, Emily!! It is within walking distance from you, but I'm almost done now!!! :) So nice of you to offer! I just have two rooms to wash walls in and then I'm done! (with the inside... I'm going to paint the outside next...)

And Ginny... there is totally dried boogers on the walls... and dried tomato seeds and dried sticky candy and gum! Gum everywhere!!! Today I was cutting gum out of the carpet with scissors (because there was WAY too much of it to use Goo Gone or something...) Good times...