Tuesday, July 28, 2009

Random Thoughts on a Tuesday Morning

It is Tuesday, isn't it? I'm losing track...

- Yesterday I fell asleep at about 5:00 and slept for about an hour and a half. It was blissful, and that's coming from a girl who normally abhors taking naps, but it did make it very hard to fall asleep at bedtime so I watched a movie.

- Don't watch the moving "Knowing" if you want to fall asleep peacefully. Especially if your husband is working out of town. I missed his reassuring presence in my freaked out state.

- I am so glad Dustin doesn't work out of town all the time anymore. I feel incomplete when he is not home. I am such a lucky girl to love my husband so much. (and to have him love me as much in return and miss me too.)

- I suck at watering the lawn. Dustin is good at it. Another reason he's awesome to have around.

- My [clean] laundry pile is rather large again. I do great, and then I don't. I still like me, even when I don't do great at keeping up on laundry. Isn't that awesome?

- Getting dressed everyday can be frustrating when you're feeling vain and you are sick of your clothes.

- My favorite pants, the Big Star jeans, are nearing the end of their life. They are the comfiest, cutest jeans and their old-age/near-deathness makes me sad.

- I love Cheerios.

- I love cheese.

- I love nectarines.

- I love it when I make dinner.

- I don't like it when I don't make dinner. Last night we had cereal for dinner. That's a sure sign that Dustin is out of town.

- I don't want to be a landlord anymore.

- I didn't make my bed this morning, and that just makes me laugh.

- My dryer just shut off and I sat down here at the computer when I started the dryer. That means I've been sitting here WAY too long.

- My dryer is quiet and I STILL appreciate that. Never take your quiet dryer for granted.

- I need new sheets. My favorite super-soft cotton ones now have a hole in them because they were so threadbare that I put my little toes right through them in the night. That makes me sad.

- But new sheets will make me happy.

- Air conditioning is really really spectacular. Really.

The end.

10 comments:

Kristin said...

Want to know what I LOVE about you and this post? Well, you pretty much get unconditional acceptance from me... I think you're a great person so the fact that you're not great at laundry or dinner all the time seems like an okay thing. That's what I love about this post... you write about those things and I realize that it doesn't change how much I admire and adore you, THEN I realize that I have those things in common with you and I think... maybe I'm still okay too! Thanks!

Clancy Pants said...

WOW, Kristin! That makes me feel all warm and fuzzy! Thanks for being YOU!!! (and, btw, you are, indeed, okay and loved and any help my post lends in you realizing that is super-dooper awesome!!!!)

Maria Hart said...

You need some serious Retail Therapy. Come to Utah... we shall go shopping! And I will make fondue. And you can bask in my air-conditioned condo. And you can forget about all our rental properties and pretend to go to school with me! And we can stay up late, sitting at a computer. And the kids can fight over the Legos. And you won't have to water the lawn. And you can get out of town, instead of Dustin. And we can watch Jane Austen movies. Look how I just solved all your woes! Come to me, Clancy!

larriecampbell said...

I like you... made bed or not!

Emily Clark said...

I love your randomness. It cracks me up. I can relate to so many things you write about!

Brecca said...

We had cereal for dinner yesterday also! Blake is currently gone. I love your post, it made me feel good about myself even though things aren't perfect.

Ginny said...

love.it. the.end.

Ashley said...

I WISH I had air-conditioning! SO jealous right now!
I highly recommend the Costco sheets. We love ours!

Mags said...

I'm with you on the getting dressed thing sister! Except for me it's b/c I'm plus sized and it's summer and there are cute little girls running around in sundresses and tank tops and I'm in things that cover me up. *sigh*

And yeas...AC rocks!

Travis said...

You had to go there about the AC? Luckily for us, the heatwave has passed for now. Sitting in 100 degree temps with no AC is just no fun.

Oh...I love cereal for dinner!