Thursday, July 16, 2009

It's No Wonder

Last week my heart metaphor was a washing machine full of water and clothes, but no churning. Still. Silent.

That was last week.

Today, I'm churning. Crying. Aching.

Sometimes there's no visible explanation, but the washing machine load is on heavy and it's churning up crap I don't really want to see.

But it's time.

Time for me to do a rinse cycle. Time for me to pull my head out of the sand and deal with some realities I've been ignoring. Time for me to plan. Time for me to stop being scared of the word "plan".

Time for me to change the load. Dry this one out. Fold it. Put it away.

6 comments:

Kristin said...

You are so good at this!

beth said...

Laundry not so fun but clean clothes or whatever else you're "washing" is worth the labor. Good job on starting the cycle. I've been doing my own rinsing. My plan: real growth, you know the deepest downest hardest kind, not just the bandaid for now kind. You're awesome!

Emily Clark said...

You can do it!

Travis said...

You can handle it. And I've found that it's ok to be afraid, as long as you don't let the fear paralyze you into doing nothing.

Sometimes it's not about fear of the thing or fear of failing to conquer the thing. Sometimes it's fear of succeeding in besting the thing, which means change. And change can be scary.

Ginny said...

ooooh, a deep, mystic post that leaves me wanting so much more and deep, thoughtful words from wise friends like travis. good luck, laundry queen!!!

brits said...

i love this part of Clancy. You and your damn words are amazing. I miss you. :(