Tuesday, July 21, 2009

For the Picture-Hungry...

I hope it fills you up, oh-hungry-readers, cuz pictures are few and far between on this blog!!!

Here's what I've been up to this summer... in pictures.



YARD WORK...

The new fence, mid-building. That whole fence line was a wild jungle (much like the rest of the neighbor's yard you can see behind the fence). And see that dirt that Rohan and my dad are standing on? That was sunk in way deeper before from the Bobcat ripping up the jungleness, and my dad brought about 15,000 pounds of dirt in with his dump-trailer which we could only dump over at the end of the fence that's unfinished. So, we had to shovel and wheelbarrow all that dirt, spread it around, rake it smooth... it was a TON of work but so worth it!


More fence building... isn't Rohan the cutest little helper ever? My husband and my dad rock! (that's not my husband pictured, btw. That's my neighbor, A.J.)


Dad, doin' his fence building thing!


My ginourmous squash. (I've been gardening)


After the fence got finished we wanted to "cute" things up. We got two new trees for a SCREAMING deal and so we had to enlarge our beds to accommodate them! Dustin worked his butt off removing sod. (and then he pitched the tent so the kids could sleep out! What a good daddy!)


The front beds used to go just around the edge of those three tree trunks, but Dustin, my sod-cutting/removing machine, worked really hard and did my bidding of reshaping the bed into something much bigger!

And this just shows the flowers a'bloomin'.

This is the other bed, which we made a little bigger too...


Same bed, a couple weeks later with more blooms.




FURNITURE REFINISHING

I refinished Ella's bed (finally!) and it's hard to see how cute it is, but there you go...


More Ella's bed.
And inside with the dresser I refinished too. (in her BEAUTIFUL new room!)


Closer up of the dresser...




FOURTH OF JULY...


Taylor's girlfriend, Cherryn, is an aritist and she kindly volunteered to face-paint at my mom's house on the fourth. Rohan, my little Tiger. Mac already had his shirt off from playing in the water so he wanted body-paint rather than face-paint.


Cousin Lance, the dog. Cute Rohan and Mac's back dragon.


The artist-in-residence and all the painted children! (Lily the lemur and Ella with various little spot-paintings!)




MAC'S 9th BIRTHDAY!

Part of the outdoor Idaho-birthday-candle experience often consists of all sorts of windbreaks to try to keep your candles lit. Hence, the cooler lid behind the cake. Just after this picture was taken, all the candles went out in the wind. We relit, put up more windbreaks and huddled close around the cake and just as we sang the "TOOOO YOOOUUU!!!!" at the end of the song, Mac prepared to blow out the candles but the wind came up and blasted them all out for him! It was rather hysterical and we all laughed and said, "Oh well!". Maybe next year we should do them inside, huh?

Present rippage....


Some of the party attendees. Aunts, cousins, grandmas... lot's of love!




CAMPING



The only pics I took while camping were atop the GIANT slide that is at this campground. Here is my little family on top of the slide. As you look at these (way too many) pictures, keep in mind that you can't even SEE where we are standing in this lovely family shot in the following pictures. It is a BIG slide!!!


Rohan and his extra-cuteness! (Enlarge the ones of my kids... they're so CUTE!)

Ella with a big grin and wind-blown hair!


Mac lookin' cool on the slide!


My dad laying down for extra speed!!!


My mom looking very cute on the slide!


Me, looking not very cute on the slide...


"Dustin rocks the slide!


Not to mention the teeter-totter!



ADORABLE KIDS HAVING SUMMER FUN!!!

12 comments:

Kristin said...

Awesome picture frenzy! Thanks for sharing. The yard, the bed and the fun all "look" fabulous!

Maria Hart said...

I can vouch for the bed, it looks amazing! I wish I had listened better to Keller's comments as we were scrolling through the pictures... he was very cute. He is missing his pal, Rohan. Looking forward to seeing you this weekend!

Elena said...

Love, love, love the pictures!! Yes, they make all your hard work you've been up to, seem SO much harder now that I can see it all! Good work lady. It all looks so good. And where on earth is that slide? Fun!

Emily Clark said...

You should include pictures more often. They are so fun to look at! What a fun summer. I love your fence. It looks great. Hopefully, we'll be following in your footsteps soon. :)

Sonnet said...

Just thought I'd let you know that I occassionally read your blog and think of you. I think we should get together again, too! When? I'm not sure...it'll have to be August sometime. I'll give you a call.

beth said...

fun pictures Clance! Thanks for sharing. I'm glad you're having such a fun summer. Ditto on where is that slide?

Kaci said...

Now that is some pictures!! :) That slide look freakin cool! XOXO

Rachel Chick said...

Hooray for pictures! You kids are adorable and I had to laugh at Rohan on the slide! :) He's adorable!

Erik, Chelsi, Preston, & Wyatt said...

It's so nice to complete something on your own, you appreciate it much more. (The yard, fence, gardens, bed, etc.) Your family is working hard and playing hard too, that is so awesome! Were you guys up at Darby in those pictures?

Clancy Pants said...

Yep, Darby, Chelsi.

The slide is at Darby Girl's Camp, folks! I don't think you can camp there unless you have a special invitation like we did! Sorry...

Travis said...

Wow! Y'all haven't wasted a minute of this summer, have you? Good on ya!

That slide rocks!

Genene said...

Well, I must say, if I slumped in my reading of blogs NOW is a good time to catch up a bit. The pics are FABULOUS....I was grateful to see that the picture of me on the slide was quite distant & perhaps even blurred by back lighting..... unfortunately not so much on the birthday pic ;-) All wonderful pics.... I love my family. Loved the shot of Dad pusing on the fence slat..... Verbalizing on it is a challenge... I just saw ALLLL kinds of things in that shot.... the man I love, the body I love, the worker I love, the family service minded father of my kids I love........ I guess you get the idea. I was happy to see that picture! (I saved it to mine)

Love you
Mom