Tuesday, July 7, 2009

Busy

Yes... I have been.

Rundown:

I can't really remember what I did since I blogged last. (a whole WEEK ago!) Oh... yeah. I was tiling at my duplex. Well, my dad was tiling. I was mostly watching with a bit of helping. And I was cleaning. Sticky floors and dirty walls. Good times!

I was also playing life raft for my friend one day... but I didn't even know that I was until she told me later. I love when I am helpful!

Dustin built our storage room in our basement. He's back in the basement groove. HOORAY! He also wired some more lights yesterday. He's become quite the little wirer. I'm so proud.

I've been doing laundry. Always laundry.

Chore charts rule. It's what I always knew I needed but never knew how much I'd always need it... comprende?

My brother and his wife and my sister and her kids came up from Salt Lake City. It was a weekend of bliss. Especially Sunday. We sat in my parents incredibly pleasant yard the WHOLE day. For D and I, it was from noon until almost ten o'clock! ALL DAY! I had my guitar there and I played a little but mostly watched and listened to my brother play. My favorite. My dream day. Listen to Zandy play guitar and sing with him and talk guitar. Beautiful. Magical.

I also haven't been blogging much because I've been playing guitar a great deal. After my post about speaking the same language I started playing every night. It's amazing how much you can improve with a little practice.

The fourth of July we went to see our local fireworks show. You know what's weird? Our smallish Idaho city's Fireworks show is ranked 17th in the NATION! It is a freakin' AWESOME show!!! And, I just read that it lasted 31 minutes and 15,962 shells were launched. ROCK ON!!! We sit a few hundred yards beneath the launch site. Amazing. The finale is a SERIOUS adrenaline rush! I LOVE IT!!!!

The end.

5 comments:

Ginny said...

love chore charts...this summer's been even better for us! love that you've been busy, with this and that. want to hear the guitar work! love the randomish update! ;-)

Kristin said...

I also love the randomish update! You and Ginny will have to give me the in on chore charts. I'm still not there! ;)

Travis said...

Sounds like you've had a great week!

corinne said...

Sounds perfect. Glad to hear you are doing well!

triplej said...

That show really does ROCK...we haven't forgotten how fun that year was!