Tuesday, June 30, 2009

Metamorphosis

I am a work in progress. I am fully aware that everyone who's currently living and breathing is also such.

BUT.

They are not me. We all have different challenges. I've written before of my housecleaning woes. I've lamented and whined and moaned about how I didn't know how to keep a clean house. I've berated and loathed myself for the lack of skills in this arena.

AND.

I am transforming. I'm growing and changing in this capacity. And suddenly, I'm finding that I WANT to do housework. I like it. I derive a great deal of satisfaction from doing laundry. I love to have a sink free of dirty dishes. I knew I loved that all along, but I didn't know how to keep it that way. Now, I'm learning how. I'm doing well.

SO.

I'm teaching my children.

10 comments:

Kristin said...

Way to go!!!

Emily Clark said...

I love housework. I am constantly doing the dishes, dusting, vacuuming, etc. I realize I am a bit OCD about it, but in my opinion, there's nothing better than a clean house.

brits said...

I love this post. Is this one of those things that is hard to do if you can't do it perfectly so you don't do it? I don't mean 'you' specifically but in general...and I only ask because I am the queen of this and can so relate to this only it's not house keeping but bill paying that brings on my self loathe fests!

Oh how I miss you and I'm super excited that you are getting satisfaction from it all! You are the best!

Ginny said...

A.W.E.S.O.M.E. And the best part is, once the kiddos are well trained, you can go back to not doing it and still enjoy the cleanliness! ;-)

The Wolfs said...

Clancy pants way to join in the bandwagon isn't it so much fun??? I know people think i am crazy and i am sure i am but there is NO way i can function in a house that isn't a house of order! I love keeping everyting clean and Xan is learning too even if he doesn't think he needs to but we seriously have so much fun way to go!!!!

Maria Hart said...

You found the key... because being an unpaid housekeeper is really no fun. Being part of a family that works together, even doing the drudgery of cleaning the house, is what makes life enjoyable.

Polly said...

Hooray! It does feel great. I have evolved many times in just this one area...and continue to.

A clean kitchen sink is always an essential for me. It feels easier to breath when the kitchen sink is clean.

:)

Congrats!

Kaci said...

Wow totally awesome!

Emilee said...

Come vacuum my house now! Miss ya lady. YOU ROCK....

Travis said...

Well done!