Monday, April 27, 2009

Manic Monday: Warm

Warm. My weekend was warm. I was profoundly intoxicated by love's heady bouquet. That's the thing about having your husband work out of town, you get a little love-drunk when you're together again. Absence making the heart grow fonder might be the very essence of cliche, yet the fact that it is, indeed, 'cliche' is indicative of the absolute truth of the statement. My heart is fonder. More fond. Heavy-laden with fondness. This is not to lessen the sweetness of the days when he is not working out of town... I would much prefer the company of those days. The days where 5:00 pm, like an anchor, keeps me from floundering, drifting lost at sea.

But, I like to look for silver linings... and the warmth of the weekend still lingers on my lips and in my heart.

7 comments:

Kristin said...

Your post warms my heart. I'm grateful I don't have to have my heart grow fonder by absence. There have got to be better ways. I'm glad you can find that silver lining though!

Kaci said...

Awwhhh Clans! XOXO

Erin said...

Amen girl!

Ginny said...

tee hee...love this!!

The Wolfs said...

So cute you two are just such a cute couple! Glad to hear you look for the silver lining! Until Max is out of school i am a single mom with benefits haha but all is well you do what you can do right!

triplej said...

Clanc...I love reading your beautiful posts. You do have a creative way with words. Keep it up. Love your cute sunny picture.

Rachel Chick said...

I love reading your posts SO much! You make me happy! What on earth have you been reading?? :) I really miss hearing your beautiful voice! Clancy?! Where are you??? :) Hope to hear from you soon!