Wednesday, April 15, 2009

From The Jar... #36

Wow. Remember my jar? Yeah, I don't know what happened but I severely fell off the wagon. I'm trying to heft myself back onto it. I actually pulled this question out of the jar about a month ago. And the Jar said...


What convinced you most in your choice of a spouse?


Dang. What convinced me most? I have to pick one thing? Wait, this is my blog! I get to do whatever I want!

Since I'm, hopefully, a recovering grocery sack, I'll try making another list. My friend Larrie likes to make lists. You should visit her blog because she's awesome. (and, by the way, today was another grocery sack day for me... blowing around without an apparent care in the world...)

The top ten things that convinced me most in my choice of a spouse... that would be my choice of Mr. Dustin. (in no particular order)

10- He's an awesome Rollerblader/Frisbee player. He's really VERY good at both.

9- He likes guns. He knows a lot about them and he and my dad can talk about them. That may seem silly to you but it was important to me.

8- He's the most devoted man on the whole darned planet. At the beginning of our relationship, he actually scared me off with his intense devotion. Good thing I got over that hurdle because this man takes loving his wife VERY seriously. I'm the luckiest!

7- He's a family man. I couldn't be sure when I was making the choice to marry him, but I thought he'd be a good dad, and I was SO right!

6- He's the hardest working person I've ever known.

5- Dustin's patience is limited in certain area's of his life except when it comes to me. For his wife, his patience is a fount, a well-spring unending.

4- He's so very willing to learn and grow. He's open minded (it does take some time for him to come around to new ideas but he always does.) and eager to fill his mind with things that interest him.

3- He's hot! (in my favorite, rugged way.)

2- He is absolutely willing to help everyone. He's very service oriented and loves people.

And finally

1- I know I said these were in no particular order, and I meant it, but this one is actually the number 1. I don't think I realized it consciously at the time I married Dustin, or decided to marry him, but I think that on a spiritual level I knew that Dustin was my match. I said this once before, but he and I don't match like a game of Memory where the cards 'match' and look exactly the same. It's more like a puzzle. He's the piece that fits in with the rest of the picture to finish me.

I love you, D.

10 comments:

Kaci said...

Awhh Clanc that was beautiful! I'm glad you found your puzzle piece. XOXO

Ginny said...

cried when i read the last/first one. i gave a talk once about marriage and analogized marriage to a jigsaw puzzle. fully interlocking and compensating. love it.

Kristin said...

It sounds like you have a pretty remarkable husband... lucky you! ;)

triplej said...

AWESOME.....

Emily and Dustin said...

Can I just tell you how WEIRD it was for me to read your list. I kept having to change my mental picture to YOUR DUSTIN whenever I read his name. I kept wanting to see MY DUSTIN. LOL :-)

Okay, so I know this is off the subject, but do you find it way weird that there are like 4 Dustins in our ward? Seriously, I've never known so many Dustins in all my life! Ha!

Emily and Dustin said...

Oh, one other thing, while I was reading this post it made me realize that I really don't know TOO much about you, besides what I've learned via church. Same goes for Maria. We all need to get together more and just talk. I'd love to know more about you such how old are you, where'd you grow up, when did you get married, etc. Sounds so basic, but they are important things to know!

Clancy Pants said...

Let's get together, Emily! We could exchange our vital stats and have fun doing it!

Merrianne said...

he sounds like a KEEPER!!!! :)

Ashley said...

Awww, what a sweet post! I hope your husband truly appreciates a wife who will write such wonderful things about him. I think you're BOTH really lucky!

Polly said...

Love your list Clancy. This is one post you should be sure to share with him.
Good thing you saw all of this in him...we love him too!