Friday, February 6, 2009

Worked Up

I just got off the phone with my biggest opponent and I'm left with trembling hands and weak knees. But this time I didn't cry. Not once. Standing up for myself and putting the people-pleasing in my pocket for a time leaves me feeling like I ran a marathon. Each cell in my body feels jittery, almost nauseated. Can individual cells feel nausea? Well, mine do.

Three cheers for backbone!

Hooray!
Hooray!! Hooray!!!

But the real champion and unsung hero is my blog, and the way writing calms my quickened heart-rate and stills my shaking hands. God bless Blogger and my sweet readers who always encourage and love.

8 comments:

Polly said...

Yes, I can attest that each cell can feel its own nausea!

Congratulations on standing firm.

Kaci said...

Yea Clanc!!! Breathe....breathe....

Maria Hart said...

Every super-hero needs an arch-rival.

Emilee said...

You are always my best read! Chris says so too...He says you are going to get the Park award!

Ginny said...

love the description of each cell being nauseated...hate that you felt it

who is this nemesis???

Ginny said...

love the description of each cell being nauseated...hate that you felt it

who is this nemesis???

Shanana said...

Since I'm pretty much a stalker in your blogging world, I am quite intrigued by this post. What do you do that entails standing up to opponent(s) to the point of nausea?

Hurray for chutzpah!

The Wolfs said...

Clancy
I love your blog! I wish i could write like you. Instead I use a lot of pictures to fill in the space so fun I know! You have the best personality i know -keep it up love beck