Monday, February 23, 2009

Manic Monday: Fire

I've sat here at the computer for far too long on a Monday morning. Monday's and me... we don't play nicely. We fight and bicker, slap and bite. It's not pretty.

I was trying to think of what to write for our lovely Manic Monday word and just kept wishing that someone would light my fire... my motivation fire, that is. *sigh* My house, that has been quite clean for over a week, needs some attention to keep it so and I just don't feel like it. My blog needs a Monday post and I just don't feel like it. My body needs to get out of these pajamas and into the shower and I just don't feel like it. My son needs me to build Legos with him and I just don't feel like it.

And then, it suddenly hit me. If I want my fire lit, I've got to freakin' do it myself! So, if you'll excuse me, I'm going to grab my strike-anywhere matches and search for dry kindling....

11 comments:

Jamie said...

My. Once you get moving, you flame up into action.

Kristin said...

Good luck! Let us know how it went.

Villager said...

Happy MM! Well done...get up, kick butt and take names! And I was always more of a Lincoln Logs fan (i came along before Legos)...

I invite your blog readers to my tribute firefighters with a focus on historic fire chiefs around the nation.

peace, Villager

Maria Hart said...

I read this and had the music, "Come on, baby, light my fire..." running through my head. The best motivation is always internal. Frustrating.

larriecampbell said...

Nice work on lighting your own fire... that's E.Q. I tell you what. You ever read the book, Emotional Intelligence? by Daniel Goleman... it's a good one.

Chatty Natty said...

Didn't your mama teach you to never play with fire? But, it's kinda fun eh?

Connie said...

That is sometimes the good and bad thing about being your own boss. Glad you decided to light that fire.

Elena said...

Hey, I'm proud of you for keeping your house as long as you did! More than I can say for myself. And way to go lighting your own fire. I don't even know if I have it in me to light my own, but I'll try.

Ginny said...

lol...love it!!!

Genene said...

I had the same song running thru my mind when I read this day's post! Light My Fire! My fire's sputtering a little today. Now, where'd I put those matches?

Travis said...

That's right! Motivate yourself!