Monday, February 16, 2009

Manic Monday: Candy

I'd like to take you on a journey. A journey of remodeling. A journey of chaos and dust. A journey of hope and pain (Dustin smashed his cute little finger REALLY hard one time). A journey of Clancy's favorite candy which is called Finished Bedrooms. Ahhhhh.


This is the joy of living in remodeling. This is the view of the "bedroom" from the outside. See the framing? My computer is on the back of the partially framed wall that is the NOW existing and wonderfully amazing closet!


This is me being a dork... in my pajamas in the newly Sheetrocked and soon to be incredible and to-die-for closet!


This is my dad and I when we finished spraying paint. Dustin and I still had to roll the walls, but Dad and I sprayed all the woodwork and the ceilings, which are the hardest parts. I've said it before and I'll say it again... my dad rules. Love you, Daddio!


This is not a very good picture, but this is just after the carpet got finished. Isn't it lovely!?




And here are the wonderful and amazing closets. In your prayers tonight, you might want to thank God for closets. They are the best!!!! (I made a sneaky haze over the rest of the basement that could be viewed from this room. It's still yucky and crazy. Better than it was, but if I showed it I might have to delete my blog.)



And this is the best candy of all! My kids were veritably bouncing off the walls with excitement about their new, carpeted rooms. They were totally hyper and crazy-insane. I actually did cry in gratitude as they said prayers and I sang them songs in their new rooms. (only a little, but my heart was bursting with relief and thanks) Then, the next morning after asking the kids how they liked sleeping in their pretty rooms, Mac said, "I woke up and thought I was a guest at someone else's house because it was so nice!" That made me want to cry, but I refrained. I am so grateful I could dance... or sing... or cry... or smile... or all of the above!

Thank you for coming on this delicious journey of Clancy's favorite candy. (I realize it's a stretch... I just wanted to show you my new rooms!)

10 comments:

Mags said...

Yay for closets! Yay for new carpet and pretty new rooms!! I'm so glad it's all set and that the kids love it as much as you do. :)

And also, when I first saw you touch up job to the door, I wondered why in the world it was wrapped in plastic. But...it's not, thank goodness!

Angela said...

Looks awesome. I hope to see it in person sometime. I think you did a great job! Way to go. Are the boys sharing a room, or is Rohan still upstairs. Hope to hear from you soon. :)Miss being closer to you, even thought we didn't see each other a lot. It was nice to know you were always there.

Polly said...

Uhmm...Eye candy is the best kind, plus this is awesome eye candy.

As one who has been searching for paint, I can say that yours is BEAUTIFUL! I love Mac's comment. Too sweet!

(LOL delete your blog over the look of your basement...which is in the process of being remodeled...LOL)

beth said...

Congratulations! That must feel so good! I just told Ben and Anna that Mac and Ella have been on the floor in sleeping bags for six months. They thought that was pretty cool! YOu guys did a great job on the room!

Maria Hart said...

Congratulation! The rooms look great! Here's to more awesome renovations for a kick-toosh basement!

Kristin said...

Definitely not a stretch... it makes perfect sense. In fact, I wish closets were my candy right now, then maybe I'd stop wanting to eat so much! ;)

Ginny said...

looks fantastic!!! glad you explained the plastic wrapped door as I was also curious. so glad the kids loved their dreamy sleeping arrangements!!

Nickster said...

Yay for closets! I agree, your dad does rock. he's downstairs spraying my basement right now. Your mom too - she is an awesome helper.

Travis said...

We want to do some remodeling projects. I'm glad to see some successes!

Genene said...

Heh, I wondered for a little second about the plastic on the doorway too, but.......... then, I didn't! ;-)

Patience paid off big dividends! It's wonderful & it give you a peek of what's to come with the rest of the basement eh?

Love you
Me