Friday, February 20, 2009

Friday's Fabulous Five

1- I'm still in my pajamas. Yeah. It's 3:00... (I have been WORKING in my pajamas so I don't feel bad about it, I feel like partying!!!)

2- I am listening to a recording of my aunt singing The Flower Duet from Lakme... I have chills. My aunt is SO incredibly talented.

3- I have been keeping my house really clean (by my standards) for a good week now. What a difference it makes in my WHOLE house to have those two bedrooms done! I've even been showing people my basement. This is a giant step for me because, not only do you have to walk through almost every inch of my house to see these two rooms in the basement, but I have a "thing" about having people come into my house. I've never liked it. It makes me uncomfortable... squirmingly so. But there's been almost no internal squirming when I've been showing people this last week or so. Wow, it feels good.

4- Dustin stayed home from work today and installed all the lights in the rest of our basement. (didn't do the wiring yet, just put the lights in...) It's going to be a beautiful, well-lit basement with really short ceilings! (about 6'5"!) AND I've had a husband-friend all day today. :o)

5- I mentioned before that I was reading Eat, Pray, Love by Elizabeth Gilbert. The more I read, the more I LOVE this book!

So fabulous. So Friday.

9 comments:

Merrianne said...

i love comfy pajamaas :) it is really hard getting out of them!!!

way to go on keeping your house clean!!!! wooo hoooo!!!!!

i am following you now :) come follow me :)

Polly said...

I'm so happy for your clean house...that one stood out to me because I know that feeling and LOVE it!!!!

lynsey said...

i've been wanting to read "eat, pray, love" for some time now. glad to hear you're liking it!

also, pj's at 3pm?? i KNEW we would be friends! that just solidified it. there is no going back.

Ginny said...

yay for fridays (especially on a monday!!)

Photo By Emilie said...

Thanks so much for you comment on my blog. I'm totally glad you pointed out my little typo. My mom proof reads my blogs, she is so in trouble. tee hee!! Good Luck with the giveaway today!!!

Kristin said...

Yay for clean houses... it feels so good!

Ashley said...

I LOVE staying in my pj's until late afternoon, or even better, all day! :) It's the comfiest!

Genene said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Genene said...

That deleted one just above here was ME. Sorry. Too typoee! I'll start over.

PJ days RAWK! They give me such great perspective! By the end of the pj time I'm so wierded out (hard to explain) that I LOVE putting clothes on. (you know me & clothes, "they bother"!) So, ya, great perspective. Just another interesting way to view the whole "Tear & a Smile" phenomenon in life!

Love
Me