Friday, January 9, 2009

Friday's Fabulous Five

Friday!!!!

1- I love Friday's the most, and today happens to be Friday! Sweet!!! (Dustin's home!)
2- Dustin gave me a gift card to Down East Outfitters and I got two pairs of pants and three shirts and I only spent $13.08 extra (above the gift card)! AND the pants are freakin' sweet! Love them! I ranted about fashion the other day, and I've thought about it alot since then. What I realized is that I haven't had a favorite pair of pants in a long time. You know the ones... where you feel like you look cute in them and they are really comfy? The ones you want to wear everyday and sometimes do? Ya... those kind. My last pair of favorite jeans I got at a yard sale for about a quarter. They were American Eagle jeans and I loved them, but they've now got a big hole in the knee and the bottom cuff at my heel has worn away. It's those kind of jeans that fly in the face of everything I wrote last Tuesday. I FEEL cute in them so it doesn't matter whether they are fashionable or not. And, yesterday I might have just found a new pair! Big Stars! Oh so comfy, and I feel oh so cute. (if they don't look so cute, don't tell me. I like the illusion...) It's all rather fabulous!
3-;Tomorrow is a warehouse sale for Modbe. I don't know you've heard of Modbe, but I bought several of their shirts a few years ago and I've worn one of those several almost every day for these few years. Time for some new ones, don't ya think? So, I'm going to see if I can score some sweet deals on the shirts I might wear for the next few years. (Rohan was a baby when I bought the last ones... 3 years ago!) If anyone wants to come and play with me tomorrow, let me know!
4- We've been remodling our basement for several months now (very slowly, mind you) and the two bedrooms now have finished sheetrock! We just need to paint and hang doors and do trim and get carpet. (that sounds like a lot when I put it that way!) But. The end is near. My children will soon have lovely new bedrooms complete with walls. I'm embarrassed to say that Mac and Ella have been sleeping in sleeping bags in Rohan's room. I won't tell you that it's been since the end of August.
5- Did I mention I have new pants! Yep. I did. Our sick house is not so sick anymore and I'm so grateful! And I washed all my dishes, put them away and scrubbed the sink today. And I gave Dustin a haircut in record time... about 30 minutes... and I didn't even cry at the end. AND it looks pretty good! K, this is turning into more than five, but oh well.
6- Bonus round... my dad replaced (I purchased) our thermostat from the old mercury kind to a digital gas-saving kind and then dad went home (last night). I was setting the cycles for time and temp and got all done. Big deal, right? I thought it was awesome until I realized that the furnace wouldn't shut off. It just kept blowing and blowing. I switched the thermostat's temperature... like an override, but that didn't work. I flipped the switch on the side from "heat" to "off" and that didn't work either. I called my dad. He told me that the only thing it could be was the wires were put in the wrong places, which wasn't likely as the diagram said, Yellow wire into Yellow slot, Green wire into green slot, but our house is really old and we had a yellow and a red wire. So, yellow with yellow, right? But, that was the only other option so I took the thing apart, crossed the wires and tried again. No deal. Furnace was still blowing madly and it was now 87 degrees in my house. So, I talked to my dad again and, rather that have no furnace all night or have the furnace be on all night, we decided I should put the old thermostat back on. Dad coached me on how to put it on and.... I DID IT!!! I felt so handy. ;)

Happy Friday!

10 comments:

Rachel Chick said...

Yea!!! I love when you post when your happy!! love always when you post, but you make me smile when your happy! Good job on the thermostat! Sorry about the boiling. I would really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really,really, really, like to go look at Modbe clothes with you tomorrow! That would be SO fun and maybe I could get some shirts to wear everyday for the next few years! It would really help me out! And I'm going to get you that phone number, so remind me when you call me to tell me where to meet you so I can go with you!!! LOL! :D I'm awesome!

Elena said...

LOLLLLLL!!!! I cry every time I give my hubby a hair cut too. oh so funny!

Kristin said...

That was a lot... and fun! I have a cute new pair of pants too... the kind you FEEL cute in. Plus, Ginny (and some others) told me they look cute. They're about all I wear. I hope I can find another pair I like so these don't wear out too fast.

Leah said...

awesome on the jeans! For the first time in my LIFE, I have a pair of those jeans (the ones you feel super cute in and want to wear everyday!) and I'm wearing them right now! ha ha ha!

bummer on the thermostat. I hope you're able to figure it out and can use the new one afterall. what a pain!

Ginny said...

way to go, handy lady! i wish i could go with you to the modbe sale...i so need some new clothes (and some style)!

The Beckstroms said...

My favorite pair of jeans right now are Big Stars as well! Corinne introduced me and was going to by the pair I have now, but they were too short on her. It was great having a personal shopper. Enjoy them! I have had mine since fall and wear them ALL the time. Also, many people have asked where I got them. I am so glad you know the love of Big Stars!

Kaci said...

I need a new pair of Jeans!

Polly said...

LOL...I love that you felt 'so handy'. I always do too and I hoped it wasn't just me!

bv said...

You have always been handy and nothing will be as cute as the doc Marten jeans we had years ago but pretty much everything is cute when you are a size 2!!! You're way too tute!

Clancy In Idaho said...

Yeah... SIL's who are a size 2 make you want to eat celery...