Tuesday, December 30, 2008

Tue Pose a Question

Notice anything interesting and weird in these pictures?



Yes, I know Ella's face is the classic Christmas-morning-look-of wonder (click on it and make it big for the full effect), but that's not what I'm after.


Yes, Rohan and Mac love their new scooters and they are the most adorable snowman-pajama-laden boys ever to walk the earth, but that's not what I want you to notice either.


I know... Ella is loving her new stroller and her doll and she is a total girly girl with her purple snowman PJs, but keep looking...


Pure cuteness, but keep looking...


That crown, or halo, or whatever it is! That's gotta be it, right? (She wore that all the live-long day and looked so stinkin' adorable) No... she's cute as pie, but keep looking for something...


Wow! What a lucky guy! His very own MP3 player!! His wife must love him a lot to get him the very thing she wanted for herself!!! Keep noticing...


Cute, cute, cute...


Ella's face is classic, yet again, but what else do you notice?


Mac is growing up, I know, I know... but I want to see if you notice something else!?


We already covered that he's growing... I know he looks like such a young man, but have you noticed a consistent theme yet?

Girly-girl and halo/crown... what a character. Keep looking for it!


Oh, look! My brother! He would never have been so excited to get a set of sheets before he moved out of my parents house. But then he realized he can't just take everything with him that he wants because it's really my mom's... but now... look at the thrill of Egyptian Cotton!



My cute mom and her total surprise of a new sewing machine... something she would never buy for herself but her sneaky daughter notes every word that comes out of her mouth and found a deal on Black Friday...

That's the end. Did you notice? No, I'm not wondering if you noticed that we had a wonderful Christmas. Nor am I wondering if you noticed my kids are freakin' adorable. Did you notice who was missing from every single picture? Do you think that my children will wonder, as they look at pictures that document such events as this, if they had a mother? I tend to be the one who takes pictures, if they get taken at all. My face is, therefore, absent from most of the pictures in our lives. I know I am not alone in this phenomenon. I've heard other mother's blog about the same thing.

I just want my children to know that they, indeed, have a mother. Even though their mother is absent from Christmas morning pictures, she was sure to document her incredibly awesome bed-head a few days after Christmas! The one two days earlier was better, but the camera was full of Christmas carols and by the time I uploaded them, the hair had returned to a more normal state.




7 comments:

Polly said...

Those faces are too adorable. Total perfect Christmas morning. And, yes. I think one of the parents is always behind the camera on Christmas morning. Nice pic though.

Holly said...

I'm almost always the one taking pictures too. Every once in a while Eric makes sure to take one with me in it, but they are few and far between. I don't really mind I guess, because Eric and Emma are so cute in all the pictures that I wouldn't want it any other way. Hopefully these kids will just remember that almost everything that happened in their day to day lives was due to a loving and hard-working mom. Your kids are lucky to have you around.

Kristin said...

That IS actually the first thing I noticed, but with each picture I started looking for something else. LOL... I am the photographer in my family as well... However, I'm perhaps more insistent that they take the camera every once in a while. Gotta' see how I age!

bv said...

You are so funny and your hair rocks!

Leah said...

I'm totally absent from our Christmas pictures this year as well. Usually, my mom at least ends up snapping one of me, but not this year! LOL

Looks like you guys definately had a great time!

Ginny said...

I noticed your absense too, and think it is beyond noble of you to include bed head shots from any day. but what I also noticed was the evidence of love and joy in the smiles and eyes of those that did make it in the shots! well done!

Ashley said...

I love all the pictures! My mom was the same exact way. . . she always took all the pictures, so looking back she wasn't in ANY of them!