Friday, December 5, 2008

Happy 250th Post to "A Day in the Life of Clancy"

I just had to commemorate this momentous occasion with a little love letter to my Blog.

Dear Blog,
How well you've served me! Ferreting out my hidden motives, and teaching me to look inside of myself, you've allowed me to remember that I like to create. 250 posts of random thoughts that I would've forgotten had you not been here to listen. I sit here this night with a burned hand and wonder how I should tell you about it. Shall I be funny, or shall I be dramatic? If I don't write it, no one will know it happened. At least not a hundred years from now.

And so, Blog, you are my gift to myself. You are my memory. Soon you will pour out your cyber-treasure onto paper and become a book. And I care not if another soul ever reads it because I will. I promise.

Guilt likes to rear it's ugly little head now and then. Guilt loves to tell me that I should tell you more about my kids and my daily life and document every event, birthday, holiday and parking ticket. But I am ultimately selfish and I want to incessantly talk about me! I want to tell you all about all the weird meanderings of my mind. I want to tell you my dreams. I want to tell the world, through your pages, who I am and what my life is. I want to write in code when I am hurt so no one need know the why and how, but you and me. I want to send messages of love and hope and joy into moments that I don't even know exist yet, because they haven't been read yet by the one who gleans the joy.

When your life started, I had no idea what we would become. And I think I still have no idea of the evolution of your creation. We are going big, Blog. We're going to be something. You are special, and that's why you're here. Because I love you.

9 comments:

Elena said...

Dear Clancy's Blog,
Thank goodness you exist, or I wouldn't be able to "know" Clancy. Yes, I know I met her briefly for one short night, but you BLog, you serve as a window into her life for me. And you know what? She is a riot! Now you both need to meet Kat, Lula, Jennifer P., and all the other hilarious blog friends I "know" but only in my computer. Because I am certain their blogs would love you too. Happy 250th!

Leah said...

LOL! That's cute. Happy 250th post!!

PS the song I blogged about was on an oldies country station I didn't even know existed until last night. LOL

Ginny said...

awesome. happy milestone. happy bloging. happy me.

ps...like the signature...working on mine...if I ever get back to blogging

Kaci said...

Happy 250 Clanc! So glad i met you!

bv said...

Clancy, I loved them then and I love them now. Your words are such a beautiful expression of the beautiful person that you are.

Kristin said...

I LOVE it! So true, for me too! In fact, reading your little love letter makes me feel like I could be more selfish than I already am and that it would be okay. Thanks! :)

Jenni Jiggety said...

Hey! Happy 250th post! I wish you many more!

Travis said...

You burned your hand? Yikes!

Happy milestone!

Rachel Chick said...

You make me happy, Clancy!