Tuesday, December 2, 2008

Tue Pose a Question

I was listening to a song the other day... World On Fire by Sarah McLachlan. There is a part of the song that says:
The more we take the less we become
The fortune of one man means less for some


I wondered as I listened to this song if people agree with that? Do you think that the fortune of one man mean less for some?

Answering that question for myself... I don't agree. I don't think that there are limits on the amount of "abundance" in the universe. I don't believe that someone's "fortune" tips some universal scale that means someone else has less. I read a book called Hidden Treasures that beautifully explains what I'm poorly conveying.

I might agree with the first part that says, "The more we take, the less we become". That can be true if we take without giving back.

Just a random thought...

So, what do you think?

4 comments:

Connie said...

I definitely agree with you on that one. I absoloutely have an abundance mindset and don't think there is any kind of universal equillibrium, or cap on what's available to others based on what one person does or has.

Maria Hart said...

Are you looking at this figuratively or financially? I think abundance works in the figurative, spiritual, mindset realm.. which can absolutely affect our perception of bounty. However, financially, our capitalist model is pretty clear... when we pay someone for something from our checking account, I don't know about yours, but mine certainly has a fund depletion.

Genene said...

Well, I think you know where I stand on this one! I KNOW that there is no cap or balancing scale or whatever! I know, with certainty, that EVERYTHING is created spiritually first, (quantum physics calls it something like "coming into the third dimension from the zero point field). Whatever! It's all the same. If it's all energy on that quantum level, which we know everything is 99.99999% energy, and energy is all created spiritually first and it's as Endless as God, then........ I leave the rest to the imagination of anyone who might read this and NOT follow. I could talk all day on this one.

I just want to get better at having perfect faith, etc. More practice at that! It's awesome when I do it though!! Gives me hope for the next time. :-D

Rachel Chick said...

Couldn't agree with you more! Both spiritually and temporally. I love your Tue-sdays! I love your thoughts and imaginings! I miss you too! This seems to be such a busy time of the year, but I would love to get together sometime. Maybe on a Saturday night when D is home we could have you guys over for dinner again?