Monday, November 10, 2008

Manic Monday: Bounty

boun·ty
Pronunciation: 'baun-tE
Function: noun
Inflected Form: plural boun·ties

1 : That which is given generously or liberally.


Bounty sits high on a mountain, a continual spring, pouring her soul into the valley of humanity. Do I notice as her waters rise, running across my feet, or am I looking at my neighbor and believing the lie that there is lack? Am I aware of the unlimited capacity and the magic of letting go, of giving away, of freeing myself? Am I giving to add to Bounty's rushing waters, or for my own gain? Can I keep faith and focus on the flow around me or do I lose myself in useless eddies of accumulation? Do I stop and drink up her gifts with gratitude or do I drown in self-pity and remorse for what I think I need and do not have?

I pray for the faith. I pray for the freedom. I pray for the strength, gratitude, and perseverance in my cognition of the limitless bounty in my life.

11 comments:

bv said...

Holy amazing words. Beautiful words. Again, you are something else, my friend....something very special to always be treasured!

It was great to catch up on Saturday! I only wish I had more time. We need to chat soon! Get your kids to bed one night this week and give me a call!!!

Linda said...

Those are indeed amazing words and food for thought. A bounty for thought as it were!

crazy working mom said...

Beautifully done Clancy! I love this bounty.
My Bounty

beth s. said...

thanks for the imagery and thought. It hit the spot! And thank you for sharing your talents with the world!

Jamie said...

This is a truly beautiful post. May we all learn to live lives of generosity so that it can flow freely through all of our lives.

Kristin said...

As usual, you're amazing!

Leah said...

awesome post!!!

Polly said...

Beautiful.

Mags said...

This is the loveliest Bounty post I've seen today. (No offense to my friends who might come by here!)

I didn't post a MM today. I just could not think of anything.

Miss Pickle said...

that was really beautiful Clancy!!!

{psst... this is Merrianne} i changed my blog & names and all that to protect my kids since there were so many people on my blog and stuff like that ♥ so come see me!!! i've missed you!

Kaci said...

Awesome post!