Wednesday, November 5, 2008

From The Jar... #23

So I didn't do a jar pull last week. Well, I started this one, but didn't finish it. It's late, but it's here.

Do you like rainstorms? Why or why not?



Is there a person on this earth who DOESN'T like rainstorms? The answer to the jar is a resounding 'yes'. I love them. Why? The warm, snug, take-a-bath-by-candlelight type of feelings they evoke...


Storm

An exhalation of earth, her breath weaves angry lashes of impatience over the effusion of renewal. Eyes drawing closed, she darkens the sky. Searing and tempestuous agonies lash across her vast cerebrum, coruscations of burning illumination.
Internal laceration gives way to tumbling expletives, and, unable to sustain her fortitude, she weeps with unabashed vulnerability as her children stand, oblivious to her torment, marveling at the mystical shroud her pain has wrapped around them.



.

6 comments:

Kaci said...

I do and I don't. I hate walking/running in the rain...I get blisters! :)

Travis said...

It depends on the kind of rainstorm for me. I like a summer shower. And I enjoy a grand autumn storm...as long as I'm watching from safety.

But I don't like to be out in a real rainstorm.

That's a nice bit of storm description.

Polly said...

I love them...big or small.

Did you write the "Storm"? It's beautiful!

Polly said...

I love them...big or small.

Did you write the "Storm"? It's beautiful!

Clancy in Idaho said...

Kaci- Never thought of it if I was walking or running in the rain! I always just imagine myself snug as a bug during a rainstorm.

Travis- Same as I said to Kaci... I guess I wouldn't like it nearly as much if I'm out in it. But inside my warm house with a book and hot chamomile tea... it's a little bit of heaven!

Polly- I knew you would and yes I did. Thank you.

Ginny said...

me too...love rainstorms (even being in them if it doesn't make me too cold) and love the poetry. very nice.