Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Tue Pose a Question

Why oh why? That is the question. This applies to many things. And the answer is: I don't know.

  • ~I don't know why I eat food so particularly. I am a save-the-best-bite-for-last kind of chick. Dustin used to laugh and laugh watching me eat (back when it was still a novelty). For example: A piece of bread. My favorite bite is the one where the top crust curves around and meets the bottom crust. It's particularly yummy and I like to save that bite of a sandwich for the very last.
  • ~I also don't know why I am so compelled to stay up so darn late every night. At 9:30pm, as I walked out of the kids' room after getting them to bed, I wondered to myself what would happen if I just went to bed right now? Just go to sleep at 9:30? That would be weird. I thought I might feel better in the morning. I might not fly off the handle like I did earlier in the evening when Ella was being a whiny beast. I might, just might, get up early and write in the morning. *YEAH RIGHT* I don't know why but I just resist the thought of going to bed anytime before midnight.
  • ~I don't know why I have moments where I feel great, like I can handle things, and then 38.3 seconds later I feel like an office chair that fell off the back of a truck going seventy on the freeway. How can one go from smooth sailin' to a broken shell of herself in a matter of seconds? The answer... I don't know. Perhaps the truck carrying the chair just hit a bump in the road and the chair was not secured, strapped down, wedged securely, etc... My life is the truck, my circumstances are the road, and my state of mind is the chair. Hmmm....
  • ~Clearly, this is not a very clear post and I am feeling rather random and dim-witted. Ah well... that's what happens when you get carried away in a post the night before and don't finish it until 3am. Dim-witted, murky randomness!

11 comments:

Kaci said...

LOL! You make me laugh cause I can so relate. Although I did fall asleep last night "early" but still feel like a walking zombie. XOXO

Kristin said...

Ah! What a question! I LOVE the dim-witted, murky randomness!

Ginny said...

i like the truck/road/chair analogy...great things happen in the early-morning state!! why? i don't know!!!

Leah said...

I'm with you girl! I'm RARELY in bed before midnight, and OFTEN wonder WHY IN THE WORLD I don't just go to bed at a reasonable hour??

And I also pile a thousand and one things on my plate (metaphorically) and then wonder why things go sour so often. It's always with the best intentions but the end result is a frazzled, stressed out, under-slept, crazy person named Leah.

I'm not too sure about that exact part of the bread, but bread in general is a major weakness of mine. bread bread bread... if only I could live on nothing but bread... LOL

Emilee said...

Thanks for this. I needed someone else to be in my boat - REALLY needed it. Thanks

Teri Hansen said...

My favorite bite of bread, sandwhich, hamburger, pizza, you name it, is the very middle because it is the juiciest with the most fillings or toppings. Therefore, I eat all around the circumference of my food saving the middle for last. My boys just don't eat the crust. Maybe there way is easier, but oh so waistful.

MERRIANNE said...

amen sista!
ya know what?
when i eat a piece of pizza, i eat the very tip first, then i eat all of the toppings off, then i eat the rest :)

ALWAYS.

Travis said...

HA! I thought I was the only one who ate a sammich like that, saving that sweet spot on the bread for last.

bv said...

your bread eating habits are endearing!! the whole chair analogy rocked my face off!!!!

i flove you!

Polly said...

LOL

I'll save you my crease of the bread because that's the part I don't like at all!

Mic and Jazzy said...

OK I feel like I am a little comment happy lately, but I can't help it!

I totally have special bites of food I save for last. Especially pizza...the bite RIGHT before the crust is oh-so-perfect.

Also, I think you are totally insane for staying up late. I have zero children (unless you count Jazz.) I have a tiny apartment to take care of..and seriously if I make it to 11 pm it is like a miracle. I regularly pass out by 9:30. I am pathetic.