Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Tue Pose a Question

Here's my question...

How many of you who read my blog use Google Reader? If you don't, you should. It's the coolest. And iGoogle is the icing on the cake. (oh how I wish Google paid me a dollar for everytime I said that!)

Here's the point to this question. If you use Google Reader and you notice that I have updated my blog with yet another wordy post, you might want to go straight to my blog and read the post there. I, often... VERY often, in fact almost every time I post... edit the post after I've read it on my actual blog. I have proof-reading and editing OCD. I obsess over this A LOT and so I often do one if not several edits once it's posted. (I edit it at least triple that amount BEFORE I post it too...) I have noticed that Google Reader takes the first post and doesn't update for editing freaks like me. So... if you want the finished product of my verbosity, go straight to the blog, baby!

The End.

9 comments:

Kaci said...

I don't use it...I know SHAME! But I'll give it a try cause you say so. :)

Polly said...

I didn't used to, but I've been trying to get into the habit lately. I usually go to your blog anyway, because you can't comment from Reader, but thanks for the heads up.

I'll just say, "ditto" I often add stuff, change stuff to my posts!

But what's iGoogle?

Clancy in Idaho said...

iGoogle is a customizable homepage from Google. You can put "gadgets" on there like your local weather, but also Reader so I can see who's updated their blog... I have gmail gadget on there so I check my email from there (which also lets me know if anyone has commented on my blog since it sends to gmail), and I have a yahoo mail gadget so I can check my yahoo mail too. I could go on and on, but I won't. :) Trust me, it's cool.

Kristin said...

I'm the same way... I edit over and over (especially when there are pictures involved). I use reader, but mostly as an informer. For the bloggers I intend to comment on I just see if they've posted, then go to the blog.

Leah said...

I guess it's a good thing I got straight to the blog in the first place! LOL

Rachel Chick said...

I haven't noticed that it doesn't update the edits . . . hmmm. I'll have to do an experiment! :) Anyway, you already know that I love igoogle! It is TRULY the coolest! -- it makes my life easier! --- or distractable . . . I'm not sure which!

Rachel Chick said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
amy said...

hey, clanc! give me a call, please (i don't know how else to get in touch with you, isn't that funny?!?)

Travis said...

I love my google reader. I think the only time I don't actually go to the blog is when I fall so far behind with posts. Then I may only go to one or two posts to let the person know I'm reading.

I read the posts in my reader when I get behind, but I don't always comment on all of them.