Monday, October 13, 2008

Manic Monday: Moon

This may just be a little too much information for some of you, but I'm goin' with it anyway. Proceed with caution.

When I was in college, I lived in a house with seven other girls. Eight young women in one house can be interesting at times. I didn't know it when I first moved in, but it has been said that when women live together their menstrual cycles often sync. This was the case in our house. For some unknown reason, I was the one they synced to... I started the whole ordeal each month and my roommates followed within days.

I remember one time we had a room open up in our house and we got a new roommate. I don't remember who it was that moved in or who said it to her, but I distinctly remember this being said: "Be prepared for your period to change dates. Clancy's The Moon and she'll pull you in like the tide!" A new nickname was born.

It's just weird the things that come up in my mind on these Manic Mondays.

5 comments:

amy said...

it's true! it happens everywhere. we always called her the Alpha Whore. i think Moon is better. ;)

Rachel Chick said...

You're great, clancy! You make me laugh. -- Hey, sorry that I didn't get back to you the other day. Sometimes I lose my brains. - We're still trying to figure out what we're doing.

Polly said...

Alpha whore...LOL

Yeah, Moon sounds better.

It definitely isn't unique to that house....I wonder how much time you'd have to spend with people to change it. Obviously, entire sorority houses aren't in sync, but I bet some of the girls that spend the most time together there are.

Kaci said...

LOL! Alpha Whore!! LOL! Agree Moon is better! I hate Aunt Flow she sucks! :) XOXOX

Peace out Moon! I mean Clancy!

Kristin said...

LOVE IT! I just love that you posted this... so fabulous!