Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Happy Halloween

Just digging through old pictures.... thought I'd share.

Dustin and I went to a sweet party back in '06. I was a witch, of sorts, and Dustin was "Daniel Larusso" (which he is EVERY year... stinker)



We played a game where one of the couples got to paint something on their other half's face. I made him into "The Ghost of Daniel Larusso". (Notice the black eye. Ya, Daniel sported that into the afterlife since he always seemed to have one when he was the Karate Kid)




I actually had a "hat" as a witch, but they wouldn't stay on my face. Notice the hat? It's very small up above my right eye.



What? You can't see it? Ok, try this one... See my little witch hat? Ya... it's there.



Melissa (party hostess) had a contest for who could bring the most "Halloweeny" treat. I won by a landslide. These are edible eyeballs. They're some jello/creamcheese/pineapple juice concoction that you refrigerate and they jiggly like jello... or like eyeballs. They were actually REALLY tasty, but not many got eaten because people couldn't get over that the felt like an eyeball when you touch them




And these were my cookies that I brought. Fleshy fingers and witchy fingers. These were tasty and looked rather disgusting too! Yum!



Happy Halloween!

13 comments:

amy said...

how do you make those?!?! i NEED to make them. both the eyeballs, and the fingers!!

Connie said...

Those treats are great. You should post the recipes!

Emilee said...

GROSS....That eye ball felt so gross going down. I still want to barf. Okay, not really but they were gross. YOU WIN! and, as always, you are the PARTY...

Kaci said...

LOL! Those are great!

You've been boo-ed!

Polly said...

LOL at Daniel Larusso!!! That's so funny. You better tell him what my kids instructor told them...you can't wear you karate uniform for a costume on Halloween because it's disrespectful to your sensei.

That probably won't make a difference in D's case, huh? It wouldn't stop me if I had one.

LOVE your gross treats. I don't think I would have eaten the eyballs either...maybe the fingers, but that's a big maybe.

I'm with everyone else...what are the fingers made of? frog eyes, toad stools, dragon blood, gargoyle sweat and bat whiskers I assume???

Brecca said...

Clancy- you are the bomb!!! I can't believe your awesome costume and way cool Halloween treats. Definately post the receipes because I want to gross people out too. Love ya!

Maria Hart said...

Those are disgusting! As much as I love almonds, they just look horrible! Slimy eyeballs, yummm! I am laughing and revolted simultaneously.

Dan and Jen said...

I love the treat ideas! Every year I try new Halloween treat ideas. I agree with the others, you should post the recipes (unless they're secrets). I like the witch costume too. Halloween is so fun!

Rachel Chick said...

Clanc, you're awesome! I love your hat!! You rock! Also, those treats are so yucky looking! :) I still feel grossed out! Squeenchy, you would say.

Clancy in Idaho said...

I'm glad you all liked my "treats". I haven't been able to find the recipes. I'll keep looking, but I don't know where I saved them or if I saved them...

Leah said...

wow! Aren't you super creative???? Kudos!

Kristin said...

Great costumes... Impressive treats!

You rock!

Denning Domain said...

Ok that was a fun party if i do say so myself... Loved the eyeballs and fingers. Was that the party when Dave drove us in the truck slamming us around and we snuck into the cemetary? I really missed having an adult party this year. How bout next year, you and me head one up if i am still around? You rule dude!