Friday, October 24, 2008

Friday's Fabulous Five

1- My hubby came home last night instead of today.
2- Squirrel cage has been obtained. (see video below) THANK YOU, JASON!!! YOU ARE A SERIOUS LIFESAVER. I like my squirrel again now that I'm not worried all the time about him getting out and defecating in my house or chewing on things like electrical cords. And he is a happier squirrel now that he has some room to run!
3- This is the weekend my friend, Maria, and I chose for our kid swap! She's bringing her kids over here today so they can go on a date and we'll bring our kids over to their house tomorrow so WE can go on a date!!! I can't think of the last time D and I went on a date.
4- I got to go to lunch today with one of my really good friends. I am so happy I got to connect with her!
5- I got to run down to The Creative Institute today and work on a website I'm building. My instructor was there working, but I was working on my own time, not class time so I didn't want to disturb him. I had a few problems that I didn't know how to solve, but I messed around long enough that I figured it out on my own!!! :) YAY me! And the website is REALLY REALLY close to being done! YAY!




While I'm at it, I might as well post a few more of the videos I've uploaded. This one was taken a couple weeks ago. It's amazing how much he's grown. This is how we have fed him for the last nine weeks. He's now starting to eat various solids... apples, avocados (his favorite), popcorn (which is bad for him, but he LOVES it!). But we still feed him puppy formula from a syringe a couple times per day.



This one was filmed this morning, just after I got out of bed. (that explains the goofy PJs and the crazy bed-head.) That's a number six for Friday's Fab Five... I got to sleep in and Dustin got the kids ready and took them to school. Ahhhh.... relief.
So, ya. What I'm trying to say is, this is not my hottest look!



This was when he was in a playful mood. I was wearing grungy clothes because he had peed on my nice ones- not just my shirt but my pants too. He smeared avocado all over these pants. Oh, the challenges of raising a squirrel.

9 comments:

Polly said...

You'll have to share your website soon!

I love that your hubby took the kids to school. That is definitely fabulous!

Emilee said...

Website? What website? Fun lady...

K...I am catching up and reading lots of bloggity blogs. You are a fun loving squirl mom.

Leah said...

What a great list! Seems like a lot of wonderful things happened for this weekend.

PS Sorry I've been a little MIA this week. We've had a WILD week and I've hardly touched my computer...

Kaci said...

Wow Mr. Squirrel is getting big!! You so cute!

Mags said...

I think you are darling in your sweats. :) You really are the cutest little thing!!!

Mr. Squirrel looks like he's super happy with his new diggs.

bv said...

How cute are you?! I love the squirrel videos and I can't wait to see your website live! Let me know if you need any help testing ;)

Kristin said...

All I can say is WOW!!!

Mic and Jazzy said...

Only you could raise a squirrel Clance!

triplej said...

He is really cute...but too much like a mouse for me. Glad you got a cage if we ever make it up there to visit. Miss you guys.