Tuesday, September 23, 2008

Tue Pose a Question


Image provided for Britta

What's the deal with artichokes? Did you ever wonder who figured out they were edible? Just imagine...

"Hey! Look at this poky, spiky thing with weird leaves... let's cook it!" Cooks for a long time...

"Let's chew on these leaves and see how they taste." Spits leaves out.

"That's disgusting... maybe if we suck them..." Sucks on them and discovers "meaty" leaves. Experiments with best method for meat removal...

"Try scraping it with your teeth!" "Ya! Perfect! Ah... that meaty goodness!" Proceeds to scrape all leaves clean. Discovers a hairy center.

"I just gotta try that!!!" Tests out the hair. Disgusted.

"Get that hair off of there!" Hair removed. Discovers the scrumptiousness hidden under all that fuzz... the heart!

"AWWWW....THIS IS AWESOME!!! We gotta tell somebody about this!"


Ya. I wonder that every time I eat one.

10 comments:

MERRIANNE said...

HA HA HAAAAAAAA!!!!

this is SO the way i think about lots of things!!!!

girl...you are tooo funny!

and

personally i can't figure out HOW someone figured out the hidden goodness of an artichoke! go figure!

Polly said...

Yep, our ancestors were brave individuals. Now, to get the same thrill of wondering whether we'll live or die, we go bungee jumping, scale mountain walls, try to stay on top of water (aka surfing) and seeing how fast we can get down a snowy mountain.

bv said...

i'm pretty sure i don't have a clue what an artichoke looks like...

Connie said...

I wonder the same thing about crab legs. How did someone decide to try to eat them? Were they starving and that's all they could find?

Mic and Jazzy said...

I agree! The first time I saw one in real life I was with my BFF and we were at a steakhouse. He ordered it as an appetizer, and when it came out I immediately said, uh, why are you eating a cactus.

Now much older and much much wiser I just let someone else do the work for me and buy the canned hearts. Done.

Megryansmom said...

No clue who's idea it was, but it sure is a yummy one.

Holly said...

I guess it says something about perseverance. Me? I woud've gotten to the middle after all that work and still not liked them. Yuck. Wasted time. Maybe that says too much about me. =)

Kristy said...

You are so funny. I loved reading that...so true, who DID decide that eating an artichoke would be a good thing?? Someone braver than me, for sure!

Carmy said...

i know we were truly meant to be family because you know what? one day me and tay were eating artichokes and i asked him the EXACT SAME THING!!!!!

we truly are amazing girlies:D

Kaci said...

That's hilarious! I never could get myself to like artichokes...I've tried!!