Thursday, September 25, 2008

Squirrelly...

My little baby is now 5 weeks old! His little eyes are finally opening. He's just growing up so fast! *Clancy dabs at her tears and sniffles* He is so spoiled. I'll tell you what...we even wipe his little bum for him (if we don't he'll die, literally). Seriously, how many squirrels do you know that have gone on vacation? That little dude went with us to Lake Powell and lounged on a houseboat for a week! Spoiled, spoiled, spoiled!!! I guess that's what happens when you are the baby of the family. Lake Powell was probably not as great for him as it might sound, since his eyes were still shut tight. He couldn't even enjoy all that lovely red rock. Plus he couldn't really even stand up yet, so water skiing was out. He tried hard to persuade me to let him ride my uncle's waverunners, but I put my foot down. He pouted a little, but eventually he got over it. But not before he begged to go out and hang with the lizards outside. They promised to teach him how to drop his tail. How many times to I have to tell that boy no??? I told him he was too big for his britches and that he had to be content with chillin' with all us yackers and eating his puppy formula. He was cool with that in the end.

I'll post pictures of his little cuteness in the morning.



P.S. I'm a little scared of this next "phase" of squirrel mommy-hood. We'll see how it goes. Does that warrant any prayers??? You decide.

P.P.S. Speaking of prayers, thanks to all of you lovelies who are praying for Tricia's brother. I don't really have much information, except that there has been a little improvement and there is more hope than they initially thought. So YAY for prayers! Keep them comin'! *kiss face from me to you*

P.P.P.S. Chuckle here.

P.P.P.P.S. (how many p's can you put before it becomes totally ridiculous?)

P.P.P.P.P.S (that many, I think... this is the last one, I promise) Just wanted to say that RACHEL ROCKS!!!!

9 comments:

MERRIANNE said...

YOU ARE SO FUNNY!! AND I CAN'T WAIT TO SEE THE BABY SQUIRRELL!!!!

GOOO GOOO!!!! {THAT IS WHAT I SAY WHEN I FEEL ALL WARM & FUIZZY INSIDE!}

AND

I LOVE ALL THE

P.P.P.P.P.P.P.P.P..P'S YOU GOT GOING ON THERE!!!!

HAHA!!!

Kaci said...

Awhh WTG Squirrel live it up!! :) XOXOX

Dan and Jen said...

I have been curious as to how little Squirrelly was doing. What a lucky Squirrel! I waited 22 years before I made it down to Lake Powell. I hope he appreciates that trip, even though he couldn't truly appreciate the beauty that it offers. I'll be excited to see pictures of your little one!:)

Leah said...

Glad the little guy is still doing well! I'd forgotten you had him! (hangs head in shame)

Teri Hansen said...

Way to go with keeping a wild animal baby alive. You must have done your research well. Good luck.

Kristin said...

I can't wait to see the little guy.

P.S. Love the PPPS Chuckle... LOVE IT!!!

Rachel Chick said...

You're awesome! And he is really cute --- in that baby rodent sort of way . . . :) Adorable! I'm glad that you were able to go to your class last night! - Lilie is really looking forward to playing with your "second youngest" tomorrow! :)

Kaci said...

Oh and that was a funny chuckle!! :)

bv said...

Pictures! Let's see this little squirrelly!!!!

I wondered what had happened to the little guy and thought perhaps he had travelled up to Boise!

love you!