Monday, September 15, 2008

Manic Monday: Carnival

There isn't much that jumps out in my mind with the word carnival. My kids have had school carnivals and I remember hearing about my cousins having them too. But we didn't have that in my grade school. At least not to my recollection. As an adult I've wondered why.

Carnival is a somewhat creepy word to me. It reminds me of something I can't quite put my finger on, but I don't like it. It brings to mind images of a room spinning with flashes of creepy clown faces, a bearded lady, deformed children and a man so hairy he's ape-like with that creepy carnivalish music playing in the background. It makes me feel a little ill. Yuck. The word carnival is not my friend.

2 comments:

Merrianne said...

ha ha ha!!! the word CARNIVAL is kinda freaky, isn't it?!!?!?

Travis said...

Now that you mention it, carnivals are indeed a bit creepy.