Saturday, September 6, 2008

I'm It

Another tag... thanks Ginny and Kristin! This time the rules are as follows: (Listing them does not necessarily mean I will follow them, nor should you feel obligated if you are tagged! Ya. We're pretty much rebels...)

1. Link the person who tagged you.
2. Post the rules on your blog.
3. Write 6 random things about yourself.
4. Tag 6 people at the end of your post and link to them.
5. Let the person know you tagged them on their blog.
6. Let the tagger know when you've posted.

Six random things about me...

1- I am freaked out by water. Deep water. I was so scared of the deep end of the pool when I was a kid. It still bothers me somewhere deep in my unconscious mind especially the drain and the light in the pool. I also get the creeps just looking at a satellite image of a lake. And zooming in on that image... it makes me squeench cuz it's just so darned creepy. I was TERRIFIED the first time I went water skiing. Being left all alone in the deep, black lake- watching the boat drift away from me while I wrestled get the skis on and then fought to keep the stupid tips out of the water. It was AWFUL. The boat driver never told me I had to tell them to go, so I sat there floating, fighting ski tips and freaking out about what was underneath me. I kept wondering why they wouldn't go and willing them to go in my mind and then I totally wigged out. I waved them back to pick me up and didn't go at all until later on in the day after I found out that I was supposed to yell "HIT IT!" so they would go! LOL!

2- I am a freakin' awesome boxer. OK, sort of... I've only done it a couple times. When I was in college, a friend of our "household" (there were eight girls in the house I lived in!) had boxing gloves. We would occasionally have boxing nights. If you can imagine eight girls taking turns boxing each other.... it was a riot. We had a rule of no head shots. There was one of my roomies, Cathy, who was a little nuts, like me. We got the gloves on and gave eachother one look... I said "Face?" She confirmed, "Face." None of this 'body-shots only' crap for us! We got the headgear on and started swinging! We were hitting each other all over. I don't know how long it went on, but it ended with me hitting her right between the eyes and she fell like a tree. She wasn't knocked out, but she was stunned. We were all dying laughing. It was great! I won the match but paid for it the next day- Did you know that boxing makes EVERY muscle in your body sore? I didn't, but I got well schooled on the fact for about a week after our "match". One of my roommates got that little episode on video. I've always wished that I had gotten a copy of it. Ah well...

3- I used to have a job hanging drywall. It was with my dad, but he paid me and I learned a lot. I didn't work for him nearly long enough to be any good, but I was a drywall hanger for a while. :)

4- I did random things when I was in high school like walk up to perfect strangers in the mall, hug them and tell them how excited I was to see them. Then I would, with all the sincerity I could muster, tell them "Good luck on your test next week! You're going to do so awesome!!!" Then telling them how good it was to see them, I'd leave them wondering who the heck I was and who the heck I thought they were! LOL! I would also go up to random strangers and say, "HEY!!!! Tell your sister she did SO great in her play! We loved it!!!" Yes, I was a little nuts.

5- As a child, I was a wandering sleeper. I would wake up, go to the bathroom and not go back to my bed, but to the couch in the living room. I'd sleep there for a while and then get up cuz I was cold and go lay by the heater, fall asleep there and wake up later and go to "the sleeping bag place" (a weird little closet where we kept all our sleeping bags so it was all squishy and comfy). Later I'd wake up again and go to the couch in the family room. Then I'd end up back in my bed before the morning. I don't have any idea why I did this, but it's all true and definitely random!

6- I have grand intentions EVERY stinkin' year to send out Christmas cards and I've NEVER done it. I've sent out one or two here and there to Dustin's grandma (who would get very offended if she sends us one, but we don't send her one back!) and a couple of other random friends, but that's it. Last year I even went and had little wallet size pictures of my kids printed. Ya. Those pics are still sitting upstairs in a cupboard with all the cards I hand-made to send out. Nice, huh? I WILL get those cards out some year, and 2008 just might be the one! :)


There. You're all randomized by Clancy's randomness. :)

I almost forgot to tag my six people! Let's go for Kaci, because she doesn't often blog about herself and I want some random Kaciness! Let's hear it for Leah... same reason as Kaci... I want a little dirt!!! Maria, if she feels up to it... she's been quiet in the blogging world because she's up to her eyeballs in homeschooling her kids! GO MARIA!!! Carmen, because she's so charmy!!! Rachel, because I need to see what random facts come out of that girl's history!!! And last but not least, Polly because I love my cuz!

6 comments:

Kaci said...

Awhhh pickles okay you got it dude...I have another tag too...=) I love getting to know you Clancy! XOXO

Polly said...

LOL I only ever did the Good Luck on your test...I still do sometimes, just so that my kids will think I'm crazy.

It may take a while...but I'll get some up there.

Leah said...

#4 cracks me up!!!!!!!!!!!! You sound like you'd be a fun gal to spend time with. Thanks for tagging me! It'll be next week before I can follow through, though, because I already have several future-dated posts set up for the next few days.

Leah said...

PS I've done it, and it's scheduled to show up on the 12th. *grin*

Kristin said...

I love #2. My favorite exercise program is kick boxing because it literally does kick your butt. I love feeling like I've actually done something. Yay! I've never had any actual opponents though... probably never will. I'm fine hitting the air!

Thanks for doing this... and WAY better than I did it. Go Clancy!

Big Sis said...

what's even more hillarious is that we cochrans grew up together in our hillarity & goofiness, then dispursed out in the world we'd get tagged or dubbed "Crazy Clancy/Silly Sib" thinking all along "why isn't everyone else having fun and huggin everyone else? doesn't everyone put cups on the tops of your cars & drive around?!?!" Seriously people?... seriously- sometimes I feel like i'm on planet nothing CUZ ALL THE ZOMBIES WALKING AROUND ARE BEING DUH-HEADS!!! Boring... :D HA HAAHAAA!

Now, you know that your boxing video WILL eventually end up on you tube, right?! all things do- which is why i don't do replays when someone says "do it agin, do it again! i've got my camera on now!!" so never fear. it'll make an appearance soon enough!

i'm so sorry to hear about your water fear!! :( that makes me so sad you didn't know "hit it!!" did you watch jaws too much?!