Wednesday, September 17, 2008

From The Jar... #18

What is a favorite family place to go with your husband/wife/kids?

My little family loves to go over to my Mom and Dad's house. We go there nearly every Sunday and have Sunday dinner. They have an incredible piece of property... 10 acres with lots of HUGE trees, a creek running through it, beautiful shady yard with lovely landscaping, a gigantic garden, chickens, geese and llamas (for a limited time... the llamas will soon live at a new home- McKee's Petting Zoo), and a great spot where we burn fallen limbs and all the burnable garbage. The latter is not an official fire pit, but we often burn stuff and have hot dog/marshmallow roasts there. Their home is just a pleasant place to be. Relaxed with plenty of things for the kids to do. (Trampoline, teeter-totter, tire swing, riding lawnmower rides, chasing chickens... the list goes on and on!) We spend a lot of time there and we are so grateful for such a beautiful, feel-good place to spend time with the people we love the most.

As a child, a favorite place was the many canyons of the Wasatch Front in Utah. We spent many a Saturday or Sunday afternoon playing up those beautiful canyons. I have a lot of joy wrapped up in those memories, and I am forever grateful to my parents for taking the time to do little things like that that probably weren't always the easiest thing to do (as I've learned since my journey of parenthood began). Thanks Mom and Dad...


6 comments:

Kaci said...

Awhhh sounds awesome! I wanna go play on the tire swing!! :)

Leah said...

It sounds fantastic there!!! I'm with Kaci, I want to come play on the tire swing, too! LOL

I always love being at the ocean. We live on the west coast, so the water is COLD, but the beaches are less crowded (the ones we go to anyway) and I don't know exactly what it is about the ocean, but there's just something very CALMING about it for me. I always feel so at peace when we visit the ocean.

MERRIANNE said...

SOUNDS LIKE MY PARENTS' HOUSE, TOO!!! WE GO THERE EVERY SUNDAY AFTER CHURCH, TOO :)

Teri's Tales said...

I would love to spend a day at your parent's house. Even better, I'd love to live somewhere like that. Maybe if we can sell our house.

I enjoy your posts!!

Holly said...

Hi Clancy! Cute blog. What's the question jar thing if you don't mind my asking? It sounds like a cute idea.

bv said...

i love your parents house! can i swin on the tire too?! that makes at least 4 of us!!!