Monday, August 18, 2008

Manic Monday: Wax

Wax, huh? Alrighty...

Candles and me... we don't get along so good. I don't know if it's the wax that gets put into the air or what, but almost instantly my nose gets this weird tingling thing. Then it gets stuffed up. Then I get a sore throat. It's yucky.

Actually, as I'm typing this, I'm realizing that it's only the candles at my own house. I don't seem to get that if it's a candle at someone else's house. Hmm.... maybe my candles are too old. I've had the one since we got married. (ten years, if you've forgotten) The others for several years. Perhaps it's not the wax at all, but the DUST that is settled all over the candles. I'm not sure.

And Britta... waxing rocks! The pain is a high! LOL!

7 comments:

bv said...

Oh how I love you Clancypants!!!! We will have to agree to disagree on the waxing thing ;)

Leah said...

I've never been waxed, and have no desire to be. LOL

and I'm a candle junky. Except I tend to hoard them and only use them when company comes over. Seriously, I'm a freak or something. I have an entire shelf in my cupboard designated to nothing but candles. and there they sit. forever. because we rarely have company. because I'm embarrassed of my house. the end.

That stinks about your nose when you burn candles!!!!

oh, and totally not too much info in a first time comment on my blog, btw. That was funny!!! (I'd have killed my hubby, but that's just me....LOL!!!!!!!)

Ivanhoe said...

Must be the dust on the oldies. Get rid of them and buy a couple of new ones. Then if you still stuffed up... don't have any more suggestions :o)

Travis said...

I winced when you said you like to wax. Yikes!

Gayle said...

Need me to send you some new candles? Ooops, the skateboarders took them...can't help you. Happy Manic Monday!

Kaci said...

Oooo me likey wax too! :) thinking of buying my own thingy and doin' it me-self but then if I mess up ohhh man I'll be pissed!

Carmy said...

i heard you were sick Clancy pants!! i hope you are well and i hope you mom and lacy had fun singing the national anthem last night!! wooo i wish i could have seen you!!! I love you and miss you! oh! and by the way


HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!!
woooo
Love ya always!! <3