Wednesday, August 27, 2008

From The Jar... #15

Where do you like to eat out? What do you order?


I like to eat out where there is good food. Duh, right? My favorite are the little local restaurants that are not big national chains like a place called The Snakebite here in my town. Mmmmm... yummy. I don't have a specific thing I order there... just try lots of different stuff. Last time I got a delicious hamburger (steak burger with yummy sauce of some kind) with a side salad that had cucumbers, craisins, walnuts or pecans (and other stuff I can't remember right now) with a sun-dried tomato vinaigrette. Yummy. I love their fish tacos too. And I've had a salmon salad there that rocked!

One of my very favorite places to eat out is a good sushi restaurant. I LOVE sushi with lots of wasabi to go with it. My favorite is unagi, or yellow tail. For any non-sushi eaters, unagi is eel, yellow tail is some kind of fish. Mmmmmm! My mouth is watering right now just thinking about it and it's only 8:30 am!!

I love a good deli sandwich too. With ham and mustard (prefer honey-mustard), onion, tomato, lettuce (not iceburg and not shredded), swiss cheese and cucumber. YUM!

I'm hungry now. How 'bout you? What's your favorite place and thing to eat?

8 comments:

Leah said...

My parents take us to a restaurant called Puerta Villarta for all the adult birthdays. I'm lame, I get cheese enchiladas every time. I'm not real adventurous with food and stick with what I know I like! We also have a chinese restaurant we go to from time to time and I get sesame chicken every time. LOL!! Otherwise, we truly just stick to eating at home. We maybe treat ourselves two times a year to dinner out when we're footing the bill, and then 5-6 times a year because of my parents taking us all out.

Kristin said...

I don't think this is a fair question for me to answer right now... being pregnant it's all about my mood. One minute everything sound good, the next nothing does (that seems more common these days).

Kaci said...

Mmmm me love some sushi too!

Ginny said...

I am not a "favorite" person. But I do love the Mandarin here in Bountiful. It is a good chinese place. I love lots of places, though, it was just Leah's comment about Chinese food that led me to Mandarin.

Brecca said...

My favorite place hands down is Johnny Carinos. Next is Applebees and Chiles. I can order almost anything at these places because everything is SO GOOD.

bv said...

Man, I can't even think about food after hearing about the eel and such...ugh. That's just fowl my friend!!!

As I choke back the urge to dry heave I will think of a happier place. For me it's totally the Melting Pot!!!!!!! Mmm Mmm good! The Wisconsin Cheese Fondue is my fav and I could eat boat loads of it by myself!!!!!

Rachel Chick said...

Nels and I loved that Mexican place you suggested a while back - the one off Holmes - that was great! Over the past few years, I have also decided that some of my FAVORITE food is Indian. There is a great place on Foothill in SL called . . . Bombay House. Fabulous! I also agree with you - deli sandwiches. Yum.

Teri's Tales said...

I thought you must be pregnant with the "It's a Boy", title. I guess a cute baby squirel will do, but are you sure you don't want a "thing four"?