Monday, July 28, 2008

Manic Monday: Storm

I love X-men. I used to try to wake up early on Saturday mornings to watch the cartoon when I was a kid. I love the movies as an adult. While Storm is not my favorite character on the movies, she was absolutely my favorite in the cartoon. How cool did she look when her eyes turned all white? And with that came lightning or wind, rain or snow, tornadoes or hurricanes. She was the coolest. I distinctly remember playing X-men as a child. I was always controlling the weather because I was Storm. I was sure that my eyes turned white, giving those I was playing with warning that the weather was about to turn nasty. (Of course, they never did notice that part... I always had to inform them that my eyes had just turned white and that now their hair is standing on end because of the lightning that was gathering around us...) I loved being Storm.

6 comments:

Rachel Chick said...

You know, it really is incredible . . . you write these little excerpts into your psyche and I see more and more strange little similarities between us --- things that are weird for us to converge on. Like this. I love X-Men. I think I was the only girl I've ever known who even as a teenager loved watching the cartoon and the first X-Men is still one of my favorite movies of all time --- definitely at least at a tie for my all time favorite superhero movie (with Batman Begins). You're so weird. I'm so weird. Awesome! I did like Storm -- but Wolverine will always be my favorite!

Clancy in Idaho said...

Wolverine is my favorite in the movies and I really liked him in the cartoon. How can he NOT be my favorite when Hugh Jackman plays the character!? He's so hot! ;)

Ginny said...

I have decided manic monday is even more fun when there are multiple people involved so I can read the different interpretations and directions of a single word. Would never have gotten to x-men here, that's for sure!

Polly said...

Nice.
*hangs head in hands and mumbles*
K, but I have a small problem...I don't really get Manic Monday. Actually, I looks like "ginny" explained it a little...assuming there's someone else that blogs the same thing. Why is it called manic monday, and where did it originate?

Bonnie Young said...

LOVE X-Men when I was a kid and even more now. Wolverine is my very favorite too and like you Hugh Jackman plays the man to a tee. Did you know that they have a new movie coming out based just on Wolverine? I saw the interview with him over on Comic Con and he is SMOKIN' Hot!!! Breath Bonnie Breath!!

Britta said...

I heart Manic Momday and I love the insights to you!!!