Thursday, July 17, 2008

I'm SO Excited! (And I Just Can't Hide It!)

As my friend put it- The universe has given me a piece of candy!! I have had the opportunity to take a web design class at The Creative Institute. This is an INCREDIBLE place that just opened up a few weeks ago, and I HIGHLY recommend it to anyone interested in having fun while learning some valuable tools in the digital media world. They offer classes to kids and adults. They have a small business program too. I can't speak highly enough of the instructor (who also happens to be my good friend's husband). He is so very knowledgeable and talented and is an EXCELLENT teacher to boot!

Here's a mini list of some of the things they offer:
Computer Arts Business Seminars
Brochure Design
Presentation Techniques
Web Marketing
Media Relations
Digital Media for Moms and Adults
Web Design
Photoshop Techniques

In classes for moms they offer childcare for little ones for a small fee. Isn't that awesome?

Anyway, I have gone to the class for three days now. I have learned so much in a mere 7 1/2 hours! Last night as I was leaving I felt like I was going to bust out of my skin! I NEEDED this class, and I had no idea. I feel invigorated and excited at the creative outlet that my eyes have been opened to! I am lovin' it! And, in case you were wondering what kind of website I am designing... I'm designing a site for my pretzels that I make! I am having so much fun doing it too! I can't wait to be able to post it on here and let you all go and check out my pretzel website! :) YAY!

So... if it's been a while since you've bounced off the wall with excitement or exuded creativity like a pheromone, may I recommend registering for a class that peaks your interest at The Creative Institute? You will not regret it!

6 comments:

Kristin said...

That's awesome! Congratulations on finding something invigorating! I want to take a class on photoshop, but I think that might be too far to travel. ;)

Britta said...

your title would indicate that you are a neutron girl at heart but i'm pretty sure that isn't the case! i do remember being excited that my parents saw them in concert when i was in 2nd grade but i'm betting you have no idea who sang that song anyway...sigh

i digress.

i'm way stoked that you have found a new passion and i can't wait to see your pretzel web site! i think it's awesome that you are expanding your knowledge base and enjoying it so much!

love your cute face!!

xxox

Ginny said...

Can't wait to see the website...unfortunately I think it will be viewable before other anticipated items will be readable!! ;-)

Britta said...

dang, i'm retarded. it was the pointer sisters who sang the so excited song. they sang neutron dance so i got all confused and can we just blame it on the babe?

Clancy in Idaho said...

Britt... you are the funniest and I love ya! I didn't know the difference, so no worries! ;) I'll see YOU, my friend, in a couple hours! I'm SO EXCITED!!!!

Jen said...

Clancy...I am really excited for your new class...like you need it. You are awesome at all this blog website image and design. Where the heck do you get your cute wallpaper?
Can't believe it has been 8 years since you lived in Logan. We miss you tons!
I finally blogged a little... you can check it out.
Jen